Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 05:55:21 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Memorial Day Weekend

Started by Mojo, May 25, 2014, 08:19:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Someone please tell me I am not the only idiot working all weekend ?

I am so back logged that I have no choice but to cut and sew throughout the holiday. I wanted to load the wife and dog's into the bus and get away to St. Augustine for the weekend but that isn't happening.

This is what is keeping me home and working: 
http://s181.photobucket.com/user/throgmartin/media/Upholstery%20Projects/Orders52014_zps8d3a48d3.jpg.html

I was making a dent in these orders but then more came in via the internet. I finish one and two make their way into my in box. One step forward and two steps back so they say.

Is anyone doing anything special for the holiday weekend ?

Chris

sofadoc

What?? You mean you're not going to pay tribute to our fallen veterans by shopping a sale at J.C. Penney? That's downright un-American! 

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

JuneC

What happened to your helper?  I thought you were going to cut back on this stuff.  I'm not cutting/sewing, but I've spent the past two days catching up with my bookkeeping and accounting.  I have a bad habit of putting off the paperwork till it can't wait any longer.  I intend to quit early today though.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

bobbin

I'm working, the husband is working, too.  I'm so busy right now I can't remember what it was like to wonder when the next job was going to come my way. 

I'm finishing an interior, have another coming up, assorted cockpit cushions, custom bedding, and 6 (count 'em) slipcovers...

Mojo

June:

My wife and kids all want to send me to a Shrink. They say I have issues because I do not have an off switch.

June: I didn't have time to bring the new part timer in because I was on the road but will be doing so soon.
I need help but not the kind the wife and kids think I need. I need a stitcher......:)

If I get blasted with more orders I will give Rick a call and see if he can bail me out temporarily. he is all set up with his shop to do large canvas work.

Bobbin, so glad to see you busy. I knew you would hit a home run. How can a woman with your talent not be a success ? It was a given.

I haven't heard from Mike. If he comes on here and says he has been out on the guklf fishing I am going to be PO'ed. :)

Dennis: Sad to see our National holiday which honors those who died for our freedom has transformed into sales and BBQ's. :(

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable Memorial day.

Chris

JuneC

Just want to say "Thank You!" to you veterans out there - past and current.  As they say, freedom isn't free... someone paid for it, some very dearly.  I, for one, appreciate your service and I hope the next generation also appreciates and remembers you in years to come when you and I and everyone reading this are dust.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

bobbin

Did anyone listen to Diane Rhem today?  great program. 

I have very strong feelings about the celebration of holidays.  I believe the day of note should be celebrated on the specific date, not the most convenient Monday so everyone gets a "long weekend" and retail benefits may be summarily realized. 

Patriot's Day is April 19th.  (the first man killed was from my home town)
Armistice Day is November 11th.  (it's not "Veteran's Day"!)
Independence Day is July 4th.
Lincoln's birthday is February 12th.
Washington's birthday February 22nd.

Taking a "day off" mid-week to show respect for those who died/where born seems wholly worthy.  "Postponing" it to the most convenient Monday cheapens it immeasurably.  To our very great shame.  Talk is cheap, taking ONE day off, whenever it falls, seems a greater tribute for what was given.  JMO