Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 10:25:07 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

how about a fair price that i can afford to do the job

Started by Mike, May 21, 2014, 07:18:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I got a call today from a guy needing canvas repairs then I see he also emailed me

" I need some extension on my boat cover and Velcro replace around pole closures. Also I have stitching coming loose around one convertible top and also look at some issues in upholstery , Please give an affordable price if you want the job. I believe fair price for good job "

I believe in a fair price for me to do it too $75 per hour ans I charge to come get the canas also off the boat.

bobbin

Bet you're champing at the bit to start that one...  (I know I would!)

SteveA

Mike
I'm sure the way he could have gotten the best price would have been to bring the covers into you and said, " Mike - please help me and repair these issues - I only wanted to use your company  - I know you'll be more than fair - here's my number and a deposit "

SA

kodydog

Yah he could have worded that a little different. Want a better price? You do the R and R.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

I mailed him back its $75 an hour today he said he had someone else.

byhammerandhand

My training in syllogisms says you did not want the job

Quote from: Mike on May 21, 2014, 07:18:29 pm
Please give an affordable price if you want the job.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Mojo

I got an e-mail the other day from a guy stating " I need a topper XXX size. I was quoted XXX dollars and free shipping by your competitor ".

I politely wrote him back and said " dear sir, I do not compete on price but rather on quality. I refuse to use cheap materials so I can lower the price to match my competitors. Our toppers are made to last years which is why we offer triple the warranty our competitors offer. This is our price $ xxx. "

He ended up ordering from me. With coach owners quality sells and I can get a premium for that quality. I will close my shop down and go fishing before I will make toppers with cheap ass'ed poly thread and laminated vinyl or cheap acrylic. :)

What cracks me up is some of these guys own a $ 500,000 bus and they are worried about spending an extra $ 50. REALLY ????? Give me a frigging break.

I do not think he is a customer you need anyways Mike. He would have nickle and dime'ed you to death and obviously is not concerned about quality but rather price. Screw em. Let some hack do the work at a reduced rate and in a year or two he will be right back where he started, needing it all done again.

Chris

bobbin

We really need a "like" button on this site!  I think it was Grebo who first said so.