Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 01:41:16 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Just in case anyone is interested... Detroit Books

Started by Jim101, September 22, 2010, 08:05:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim101

I came across these on the Seattle Craigslist page.

I don't do any work on cars myself but I know many of you do so here ya go...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bfs/1968082014.html

I don't know the seller but there's a contact number on the ad.

Hope you car reupholster folks find this useful.

Jim

NoJokeUpholsterer

Jim,

Thank you for posting this. I just had them delivered yesterday to my shop in Ohio. I've only been in the auto trim industry for about 5 years. So, unless I found a set of Detroit Books like this (some one selling an old set); I had no shot at catching up for all the lost years. I would have never stumbled across this set being posted in Seattle; so I appreciate you posting it on this site.

I have mixed feelings about these books and still think that there should be a better way to catalog all of this information today (ie: computer software). But until someone creates that I guess we have to rely on these old books. But I have to admit that they are a cool piece of history to have. Now I have to figure out where and how to post them up in the shop.

Thanks again,
Adam