Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 09:39:18 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

now it's cold

Started by Darren Henry, December 17, 2016, 07:23:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

We Canucks are used to varying weather, but 30 +or- is considered extreme. Plus 30 *C is roughly 86 F and we call that a hot day. We've been under a system for the last week that has had the temps down to minus 24,-28 etc... the last few mornings. This morning qualifies as bloody cold at -32 or 26 below F before the windchill. With the windchill it's minus 42 or 44 below. It's calm and sunny---but I'm going to wait until after lunch to work on my snowblower.

Shut up Mike; or I'll hex your air conditioner. [grin] I'm sure it's lovely in Florida---but the sledding sucks.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

SteveA

I watch Mike Holmes when they run it on cable and his crew always seem to be working through rough weather -  you guys are tough up north - if we get 1 inch of snow in NY it's a major news story for 48 hours.  The Mayor and Governor come on TV interrupt programming to explain how they are dealing with the storm - they give you the actual temp - the feel like temp - the wind chill temp - check the elderly - stock up on groceries, shovels, salt, sand, snow blowers, stay off the roads, ...  this morning it was 20 degrees - 1 inch of snow - Sunday it will be 60 degrees - I didn't bother to shovel -
SA

gene

Last few days it was down in the low teens here in the Mid West. Went up to 55 today. Fahrenheit.

Maybe Trump should build a wall on the US/Canadian border to keep out those Arctic blasts.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

Kinda humid today. Low 80s a bit warm for this time of year. I didn't have to shovel any snow today :). I'm forgetting what 30 below feels like. But I can kinda remember. A memory that I never want to experience again. Tomorrow will bring in a little sea fog in the morning but it should burn off by 9:00.

Merry Christmas to all.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Darren Henry

Quoteyou guys are tough up north

It's not as bad as you think---unless the wind is nasty. It's a dry cold here on the prairies so you can just add an extra layer or two of clothes and be comfortable. I thought I was going to freeze to death in Halifax (east coast) in October of '88. We had frost a couple of nights , but it was always damp. I think I shivered for the entire two weeks i was there.

QuoteMaybe Trump should build a wall on the US/Canadian border to keep out those Arctic blasts.

Just south of Thompson (roughly 55th parallel ) would work LOL.

I just flipped the Weather network over to Fahrenheit. Twenty two below  , feels like 45 below right now but warming up to 14 by morning and 27 by Tuesday. I'll have dig out my  flip flops and chill off some beer.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

Quote from: Darren Henry on December 17, 2016, 07:23:18 am

Shut up Mike; or I'll hex your air conditioner. [grin] I'm sure it's lovely in Florida---but the sledding sucks.
mines on now btw. yes the sledding suks but the alternative isn't bad this was thanksgiving a a nice day about 86f

in a past life in construction doing extertior stucco we used to put rocksalt in the waterbarrel to mix the xtucco in the winter. then there was a day I was house painting with my dad and had to quit when I had a inch of snow in the pait pail

morrisman

Close to 100F is forecast for Boxing day here. Its been about 90F today ..lovely but sunburn is a hazard .
Consew 226 R-2 still learning

Virgs Sew n Sew

I think we had what is called a "land hurricane" Christmas evening.  Sustained winds of 75 mph and some gusts in excess of 80 mph.  Semi trailer was overturned outside of Dick's Sporting Goods and a semi, with full load, overturned on I-80 by the Kearney interchange.  House a block over had a huge tree completely pulled out by its roots.  Picture was in today's paper and the top of our house is visible (cool)!

I've been in high winds before but this was crazy.  I seriously feared for our cathedral style windows in the living room but they came through like champs.  Emergency Preparedness actually sounded the sirens even though no tornadoes in the area.  Paper today said they do it in case of tornadoes, sustained winds 75 mph or greater and also golf ball sized hail.

I think I would rather have had Darren's snow!

Virginia
Fuck this place.

Darren Henry

What a difference a month can make. We have been extremely above normal the last few days and the forecast is for at least another week of it. It's right at the freezing mark right now (zero or 32 F). Yesterday was plus 3, Wednesday had been +5 or 40-ish. The  snow has really compacted.

I finally got photo bucket to upload some pics of the snow we had;

This is my back yard.

I had to go down near the border and shovel the roof off the bosses' camper a couple of weeks ago. We were too late to save roof of his gazebo. It collapsed.

My co worker Rick is just under six foot.

This is the pile once we cleaned the roof and the deck. If you look closely you can see his picnic table in the foreground. The railing is about 7 feet from the ground.

Mike

there was a time I would have loved that  Darren