Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 04:25:32 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

you gotta see this

Started by Mike, May 13, 2013, 04:11:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

ive had dolphins chase my boat

but never this wow
http://youtu.be/aJo89fHqq0U

Mojo

May 13, 2013, 05:37:43 pm #1 Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:38:28 pm by Mojo
Wow...........Awesome.

Hey what is the law in Florida in regards to fishing around dolphins. I was told that
if your fishing and a dolphin shows up your supposed to pull your lines and quit.

Is this true ?

I know with Manatees you have to kill your engine if they come into the area.

Chris

Mike

no law aboult leaving but when a dolphin shows up you might as well leave because the fishing is over  there is a law about no feeding  it affect there ability to hunt and they become dependant on people and are more in danger of accidents 
I did feed one once. I caught a fish and then this dolphn grabbed it and I had a good fight on for a few minutes.he let it go and when I brought it in he was alongside the boat like flipper looking for me to toss it back I got year brqve and ended up hand feeding it to him
one day when I was crossing a bridge in venice going to a job I snapped a pic out the passenger window and after I got home and looked I got a cool shot

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/Mike8560/florida%20nature/BEGGAR.jpg

Mojo

One of these days Mike when I am in desperate need of some R & R I am going to arrange to come down and go fishing with you.

I think we would have a blast out on the water together. I will bring some fuel money with me as well. :)

Chris

Mike

May 14, 2013, 05:05:33 am #4 Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:06:29 am by Mike
John and i could take a day off too.
Youd have a blast

gene

May 14, 2013, 05:17:48 am #5 Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 05:23:17 am by gene
"Awesome" is the correct word for that. Thanks for the pics.

Years ago I canoed the Okefenokee Swamp. It's on the border of Georgia and Florida. I read everything I could about that place before I went. I even learned how to imitate the sound of baby alligators.

I can swish my hand in the water and make that sound of baby alligators and big alligators will swim over to me.

I was playing golf on Marco Island - business related - and on one of the holes we were standing by a small lake that had an alligator in the middle of it. We were waiting for the group in front of us to putt out. I entertained everyone by getting that alligator to swim right over to where my hand 'had been' swishing the water on the edge of the lake. By the time the alligator got to where I had been swishing my hand in the water, we were all sitting in the golf carts up by the green.

It's illegal to feed alligators in Florida. Today it's also illegal to 'interact' with alligators like this. I could be arrested for 'harassment' of alligators.

And yes, I did grab an alligators' tail in JR Darling Nature Preserve on Sanibel Island once. (15 footer laying on the bank in the sun. It slid into the water when I grabbed it's tale.) . Thank goodness it's not illegal to be stupid. I can't even imagine me doing something like this again.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

May 14, 2013, 09:44:59 am #6 Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:48:01 am by Mike
Gene. Than give a idea   Whats the stupidest thing you ever did? Lol

byhammerandhand

Crickey!  'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin is gone.

We have "Gator Gene"

I took a swamp tour of LA bayous a while ago.  They'd dangle a chicken carcass (dressed from the grocery store) over the water about 4' and lure the gators to jump up and get them.

Quote from: gene on May 14, 2013, 05:17:48 am
"Awesome" is the correct word for that. Thanks for the pics.

Years ago I canoed the Okefenokee Swamp. It's on the border of Georgia and Florida. I read everything I could about that place before I went. I even learned how to imitate the sound of baby alligators.

I can swish my hand in the water and make that sound of baby alligators and big alligators will swim over to me.

I was playing golf on Marco Island - business related - and on one of the holes we were standing by a small lake that had an alligator in the middle of it. We were waiting for the group in front of us to putt out. I entertained everyone by getting that alligator to swim right over to where my hand 'had been' swishing the water on the edge of the lake. By the time the alligator got to where I had been swishing my hand in the water, we were all sitting in the golf carts up by the green.

It's illegal to feed alligators in Florida. Today it's also illegal to 'interact' with alligators like this. I could be arrested for 'harassment' of alligators.

And yes, I did grab an alligators' tail in JR Darling Nature Preserve on Sanibel Island once. (15 footer laying on the bank in the sun. It slid into the water when I grabbed it's tale.) . Thank goodness it's not illegal to be stupid. I can't even imagine me doing something like this again.

gene
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

Mike,  In regards to "the stupidest thing I ever did, I'll need to check on the statute of limitations for both state and Federal laws before I say anything. I'll get back to you on this.   :-[

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!