Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:53:56 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

YOUR Get-Up-And-Go social network (Miami Mike details enclosed!)

Started by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing, October 31, 2011, 09:20:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

October 31, 2011, 09:20:40 am Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:23:54 am by Gregg @ Keystone Sewing
Both Miami Mike and I stepped out of our virtual World here and into reality when we both meet face to face, in the flesh at this years IFAI show in Baltimore, MD where were were exhibiting.

Not the 1st time someone introduced themselves as their online handle first around my parts, but it's always funny every time.  As Mike put it, I would have never known who he was if he used his real first and last name, but that I would recognize him immediately by this online handle.  He was correct!  Although I did recognize his face as thread and material suppliers make their way around.  

Mike both directed a customer our way, and alerted me to the fact that Chesapeake Marine Canvas Fabricators Association show and expo is going to be in our backyard, as opposed to Annapolis/Ocean City, MD.  Mike is on the board of directors for the CMCFA as well.  You won't find a more forthcomming crew when it comes to boat canvas and awnings, and people are willing to spill the beans on thier business, and are more than willing to share how they do what they do.  Not to be missed by anybody who wants to learn the business, make contacts, find suppliers, and have a lot of fun doing it.  

fragged8

hiya

I googled CMCFA and came up with Canadian Military College ? I didn't think Mike was in the forces ?

hehe

When i found the right website, i didn't think it was very informative ? sorry Mike
perhaps a few articles to download and some photos etc would help.

Rich

sofadoc

Hey Gregg, you and Mike didn't let anyone see the "secret handshake" did you?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

Quote from: fragged8 on October 31, 2011, 12:48:39 pm
hiya

I googled CMCFA and came up with Canadian Military College ? I didn't think Mike was in the forces ?

hehe

That would be a pretty good commute from Miami to Canada. But then again the guy does get around.
We love ya Mike. :)
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mojo

Maybe I am biased but I think Miami Mike is one awesome individual. I cannot count the times he has saved my butt. He has always been there when I needed help and technical assistance. The man knows his stuff when it comes to fabrics.

Now you can see Greg why I sing his praises on here. He is a straight shooter and awesome rep for Miami.

Chris

bobbin

Over the years I've met severanl on-line" friends.  To a one, they've proven to be interesting and charming.  It's nice to learn that Gregg and Mike hit it off, too. 

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: sofadoc on October 31, 2011, 06:05:39 pm
Hey Gregg, you and Mike didn't let anyone see the "secret handshake" did you?

Ha Ha, exactly.  Nobody knows the Get-Up-And-Go bond we share.  Your either one of us, or...well, I'm not sure how to finish that one off, but you get the idea!  Ziiinnng!

Link to Chesapeake Marine Canvas Fabricators Association website; http://www.cmcfa.org/

scarab29

Been a member of ifai and the cmcfa for 4 years now and there are both worthwhile organizations to be associated with. Missed the cmcfa meeting last year but will be there this year specially since it's in Jersey !!  ;D
duct tape is like the force . it has a light side , a dark side , and holds the universe together.