Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:23:21 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

You Tube Account

Started by mike802, October 24, 2011, 06:50:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mike802

Hey everybody, I just posted a new bus conversion video in the Green Room for anyone who is interested in watching.   I also now have my own youtube channel at www.youtube.com/user/mjamsdenfurniture.  I will be using this channel to upload video with subject mater related to upholstering, furniture making, general woodworking and some day to day stuff, I already have a few videos up.  The bus conversion videos will stay at my son's channel, serama555.  If any of you would like to subscribe I would appreciate it, but you have to have a youtube account to do so, you don't have to upload any video though and many people have the account just to subscribe and make comments.  When you subscribe you will get an email every time someone you subscribe to uploads a new video.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com

wind_rose_2

Can hardly wait for the finish video!

Ihavenoname

Pretty cool. I looked at your bus conversion video as well.  Keep them coming.

Mojo

Mike:

I LOVE your videos. You are a true craftsman. Anyone who can resaw without a fence is a master in my book. :)

I catch your videos on Facebook but will subscribe to your You Tube channel. Great job my friend and keep them coming.

Chris

sofadoc

I've thought about doing similar videos. But there are so many nice ones (such as Mike's), that I really don't think that I would have anything to add.
I'm fascinated by the woodworking clips. BUT since I don't have any of that equipment, it only frustrates me to watch them. >:(
Keep 'em coming. :) I'll keep watching. I probably won't subscribe though. I have to sort through, and delete too many e-mails as it is now.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

mike802

Gee guys thanks for the kind words  ;D  It is encouraging to hear people like them.  Sofa, I used to feel the same way, but I figured there are so many videos out there no one person could find them all, so I might as well make some also.  As far as making good ones, I don't have the equipment to do a real professional job, I just use a $100.00 used camera, my editing software sucks and it takes more memory than my computer has, so it crashes regularly, but some how it all comes together.

Chris:  I am glad you enjoy them, I think of you often as I am putting them together because I know you are interested in the motor home aspect, didn't know you went to my Facebook page, thanks.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln

Mike8560

October 27, 2011, 05:12:56 am #6 Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:15:49 am by Mike8560
Cool that link wouldn't open for me on I phone so I looked youup o. You tube. Didn't see the bus I did like your néw  ten.  I had an easy up for outdoor boat shows but it blew over while I was using it at home and broke. O don't think I'll be doing any shows to soon (after a stroke last year I don't talk well ) bui like it verry sturdy.

Mojo

Mike:

I am one of your biggest fans. Your an awesome woodworker and stitcher, two of my favorite passions in life. :) I keep a close eye on you. I am surprised you haven't seen my comments on your facebook page. :)

Still waiting for you and the wife to come down for a vacation. The invitation still stands. :)

Chris

hdflame

October 27, 2011, 10:29:43 am #8 Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:30:49 am by hdflame
Mike,

I just watched your YouTube upholstery videos.  They were great!  I'm sure they will help a lot of people on the forum.

Nice progress on the bus too!

I think you'll appreciate the link I posted to the boat build and pictures.  You may even get some ideas from him for your bus!
Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

mike802

Mike: That tent is a big step up from the easy up!  I was impressed. When it arrived the truck driver handed me the pegs, 1" thick bar stock 3 feet long, my son said what the #%^&^& did you buy? LOL. The two of us can put it up in about 1/2 hour, not to bad.  It should last me for the rest of my life.  The bus videos are on my sons channel www.youtube.com/user/serama555 I think this link should get you there.

Chris:  I don't know why I cant see your comments?  Did you give me a "LIKE"  I only have 27 and I did not see you in the list, if you did not than maybe that's why I don't see them.  We would love to stop in and see you, my father has been pushing for us to go down to the Carolina's with him when the bus is finished, he usually goes in April, but I don't think it will be ready this coming trip.

hdflame:  Thanks for the link, I will look it over when I finish work.  You might be right about some ideas, if fact I have been thinking about decorating on a nautical theme.  I have a name all picked out and have been kicking around the idea of doing a little video skit about christening the bus.  The name is "Fancy" if you know the name then you can imagine the skit  Arrrrr. LOL

Mojo

LOL.............. Mike, you responded to my post on there. ( Chris Throgmartin ). I liked your site as soon as I found it.

You had to have seen it but didn't realize it was me. But that's OK I talked to Paul on the phone the other night and he was trying to figure out who Chris was. As soon as I said Mojo he knew right away. :)

Chris

mike802

LOL!  Chris, that is to funny, you are right, I had no idea that was you.  Come to think of it I don't know how I expected to know "you" without taking the time to find out your last name.  Guess I am to used to people using "handles" on the internet, like the old CB days.   :-[ 

Mojo

Breaker - Breaker.....this here is Mojo.........you got a handle Rubber Duckie ?

:)

Chris

mike802

That's a big 10:4 good buddy