Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 04:02:34 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

binding on smiley zips

Started by southerncomfort, July 07, 2010, 09:19:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

southerncomfort

Help y'all,
  When I first re-started reading this forum I found a great instruction on how someone put on edge binding on a smiley face zip.  I lost it !!!!! I need it yesterday.  Anybody know where it is or how I can access it or just tell me how to do it.  Thanks. Barb

JuneC

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

What I do is as most sew 3/4" bias binding tape on the outside of the window with my #10 coil zipper on the inside then I cut the center of the vinyl behind the coil zip and seperate the two pieces and bind the raw edges of bolth sides then zip themback together  and Finnish the window. The binding on bolth edges also helps cover the opening besides giving a nice finnished look.

southerncomfort

Hey Mike,
  sorry, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean.   I'm trying to  sew  zips with edge binding onto a curtain before  it's cut out.  Maybe I'm not understanding  you.
   I'm in Pt. Char. too
Thanks, Barb

JuneC

Mike, the last one I did - that little ProLine - I did like you do.  It looked really nice.  I wanted to try it on a small project before I bit off multiple giant smileys and that presented the perfect opportunity.  It does give a very high-end look.  Do you still do that if the owner wants a flap? 

"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike8560

June if the smiley is getting a flap then i only bind the outer edge as the inner edge gets the extra flap  then when the window is rolled up the outer edge still looks nice.
Hi Barb, are you my competition? wheres your shop?

Gary1025

- I already referred this to my friend.

Regards

Gary

southerncomfort

Hi June,  Thanks for the site I needed.  That's exactly the one I was in before.  I found out that for me after I basted the curve in I had to use my two sided 1/4 " tape to hold the curve nicely when I put it through my binder.  But the best thing is that it works!!! and I love learning something new no matter how old I get.

And Mike,  Trust me, I'm no one's competition in the area.