Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 06:35:07 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Have a nice July

Started by Can-Vas, June 24, 2010, 09:26:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

June 27, 2010, 12:12:25 pm #15 Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:23:43 pm by Darren Henry
QuoteHow about Roy Rogers and his most famous, really famous, but obviously not so famous north of the border (USA border, that is), Happy Trails!!!

You're dead right. I guess I was having a brain freeze. He was the most watched of the lot and I completely forgot about him and Dale. Now I have to go scrape the rest of this egg out of my handlebar mustache. They say the memory is the second thing to go , right after.....what ever the other thing is.

I hope this doesn't offend; but once saw a really funny cartoon caption. A cowboy is dragging a horse be the halter,the horse is standing on a flat cart. The caption reads " Roy Rogers pulling his trigger"

Quote(I'll describe it to you guys one day -let's just say we sat in lawn chairs and watched it on a cement block wall that was painted white).

When Sheila and I were kids, Dad put up a forty foot all channel antenae and we got all three channels available in rural Manitoba: CBC (canada bradcast system) english,CBC french, and snow LOL. Later CKND (local tv from Winnipeg).

One of my jobs while I was in school was as a projectionist at the local theatre ( Turs/Fri night with a new feature Sat). We had two lamps that ran on a carbon arc light provide by converted dc power and two carbon rods tha had to be re-alighned and maintaind through out the entire 5-6 reels of a movie.If you've ever watched an old movie ( say TCN) you'll see balck dots pop up in the top right corner of the pictue . At the first one you sparked up the other projector,and then 10 seconds later you switched over to that projector at the next dot and cooled the first one down as you manually rewound that reel for the next showing and fiddled with the alighnment of the two carbon rods.

Who was it sang that we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun--but the wine and the song, like the seasons are all gone? Susan Jack? I wouldn't trade my upbringing for what my neice/nephew's school mates have. Raised on Barney videos,play station, and a microwave; most can't do much more than wash their hands and lord help us if the power goes out. They'd never figure out how to read a book or plant a garden,much less do any work.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

CKKC

Quote from: Darren Henry on June 27, 2010, 12:12:25 pm

Who was it sang that we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun--but the wine and the song, like the seasons are all gone? Susan Jack? I wouldn't trade my upbringing for what my neice/nephew's school mates have. Raised on Barney videos,play station, and a microwave; most can't do much more than wash their hands and lord help us if the power goes out. They'd never figure out how to read a book or plant a garden,much less do any work.

Someone named Terry Jacks did it, not sure what album also the Kingston Trio
from the Time to Think album.  ;-)     I have all the lyrics if you want them!

gene

Enough already! This thread has gone on long enough. It's like beating a dead horse. LOL (I really crack myself up sometimes.)
Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!