Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 05:04:32 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Have a nice July

Started by Can-Vas, June 24, 2010, 09:26:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Can-Vas

Y'all have a nice beginning to the summer.  I won't be posting for about a month as I'm heading up the coast in the sailboat for our annual 4 week cruise.

Leaving tomorrow.

Yipp-eeee!!!  ;D      ;D      :P     :P
I'd rather be sailing..  - but if ya gotta work it's nice to be around boats!

Jim101

Have a great trip!

Hope the weather is better than it's been around here lately.

Fair winds and following seas...

Jim

fragged8

hiya

Have fun you lucky dog   :-)

send us a postcard 

Rich

Mike8560

June 24, 2010, 12:35:57 pm #3 Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 06:40:55 pm by Mike8560
Have  a good time Howard  
I could never take 4 weeks off In season when I was in new Hampshire
heck I can't do it here either.   :o

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

That's about four years worth of vacation time for me!  Enjoy it for me!

sofadoc

Nice July? I'm still just trying to get outta June!
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

Happy sails to you, until we meet again.

Happy sails to you, keep smilin' until then.

Who cares about the clouds when we're together?

Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.

Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Can-Vas

Wow gene;

You're a poet and didn't know it!

Thanks all;  talk to ya later...
I'd rather be sailing..  - but if ya gotta work it's nice to be around boats!

Darren Henry

Howard; safe journey,enjoy.

Gene; you're dating yourself  :D , Wasn't that and old Gene Autry (sp) standard. Or was it Tex ridder?
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

gene

June 25, 2010, 04:47:17 pm #9 Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 04:49:41 pm by gene
Audry? Ridder? How about Roy Rogers and his most famous, really famous, but obviously not so famous north of the border (USA border, that is), Happy Trails!!!

I took the "Tr" and replaced it with an "S". Get it? Happy Sails!

Do you remember Roy Rogers and his horse Trigger? When Trigger died, Roy had Trigger stuffed and put in his house. I wonder if he put fake horse poop on the floor to make it look more real?

Do you remember Roy Rogers and his wife Dale Evans? Roy wanted to have Dale stuffed, but he was not allowed to. The main objection he got was that Dale was still alive.

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

JuneC

Autrey, I think.  When I was a kid, the movie came on the Thursday mailboat and we'd watch it on Friday night at the yacht club (I'll describe it to you guys one day -let's just say we sat in lawn chairs and watched it on a cement block wall that was painted white).  And the highlight of these movies was the 20 minute "serial" that played before the main feature.  I've seen dozens of Gene Autrey (and Trigger) serials, not to mention the Lone Ranger, Buck Rogers, and others.  Boy does this thread bring back memories.  I thought he had Trigger buried on his feet with saddle and bridle on.  Never heard about him having him stuffed.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

bobbin

I'm pretty sure both Trigger and the horse that Dale Evans rode are both stuffed and in the museum, along with Bullet, their dog.  (German Shepherd, I think).  And it was Roy that sang, "Happy Trails"... along with "Here Comes Santa Clause"... lol. 

I thought Gene Autry rode Champ. 

RENE G

Boyoboy are we all dating ourselves as I too remember those western serial along with Hopalong Cassidy,Sugerfoot, et al. Rene

Mike8560

Sound like a good time as a kid june. Reminds me of drive in movies as a kid in pajamas plating on the swings before the movie or playing with the neighborhood kids and some yelled hey batmans comming on and we all rAn. Into our houses

Jim101

Yup!  Trigger, Trigger Jr. and the dog Bullet were stuffed and in the museum in Victorville, CA

I was there a whole bunch of years ago.  It's closed now and I understand they moved the museum to Branson, MO.

Here's a video of the place in California.  They left out the silver dollar encrusted Cadillac though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9cghyhsLKA

Happy Trails!

Jim