Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 07:36:31 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

The jerk around

Started by Mike8560, June 11, 2010, 05:19:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hdflame

Nice looking top Mike. ;)

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

JuneC

Quote from: Mike8560 on June 16, 2010, 07:10:46 pm
he just picked it apart. and  at the last brought up the time frame issue.

He needs his head examined.  There's not a canvas maker out there that could've done a better job.  Great looking top and enclosure.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

baileyuph

Dumb question here;

What is the function of the enclosure in this heat, my thinking is the vessel isn't airconditioned?

During warm months, is the function of the enclosure to protect the interior from whatever?  The top is more easy to understand, provides shade.  Also, an enclosure with zips, during winter appears logical.

Nice work Mike, it exudes professionalism.  Just the magnitude of the work would require a few dollars, but from the looks of those homes, they have it.  Or put up a pretty good front.

How many hours to do a job like that?  One person 4 or 5 days, from beginning to installed?

Doyle

Mike8560

thanks all Doyle it was 32 hours about from pattern to the last snap.  naturally when its hot the windows would be off or just thwe screens open.

PDQ

Quote from: Mike8560 on June 17, 2010, 08:37:25 am
thanks all Doyle it was 32 hours about from pattern to the last snap.  naturally when its hot the windows would be off or just thwe screens open.

That's pretty damn quick for a one man op, Mike.  :o

I don't suppose you could break down (roughly) the man hours for each process (Pattern, cut, machine & fitting) for us non aliens?

Nice work, BTW. :tup:

regalman190

Looks great Mike.  8)
Regal Canvas

hdflame

Hey Mike,

Just curious, which HTML tag do you use when you post your pics?  I get sick of fighting the pop-ups on Photobucket! ???

Guess I can't complain too much about something that's free!

Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Mike8560

Actualy my brother helped with the patterning a couple windows and the install.

The code Bobby is the thumbnail code but June taught me if you eleiminate the code front the = to the ? The pics open lke mine do.  Much faster and better credit goese to her.