Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 07:13:51 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

the economy

Started by gene, May 19, 2013, 07:27:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

May 19, 2013, 07:27:07 am Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 05:41:53 am by gene
ad hominem

[ad hom-uh-nuhm -nem, ahd‐]

adjective

1. appealing to one's prejudices, emotions, or special interests rather than to one's intellect or reason.

2.attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument.

Bobbin, I suggested in a previous post that you stay off my posts and I will stay off your posts.

Have you noticed that you are the only one who attacks other people on this forum?

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

All i inow is summer 2010 there sas a good desl
Of properties here selling at the right price to sell selling fast and i was lucky to have sold mine s d got one of the only cee left. The best of the 3 actually.
Alot lore new homes are being built and i dont see the amount of homes with forsale signs out front.

Actually i see alot kore people still Round town here  then past years

bobbin

Honestly? I have no idea.  But I don't think "all those" getting amnesty will amount to more than a pisshole in a snowbank, frankly, Gene.  Like the 50 million presently without any healthcare will have no impact on that??  (I want some of the drugs you're taking!).

I'm appalled by what a crummy job the Dems have done with respect to getting the details of the "reform" out.  It's an embarrassment, frankly!  No matter what you think about it, the practical reality is that SOMETHING had to be done and it's forced a step down a necessary path.  Let's get serious about making it BETTER and making it work instead of pissing/moaning/blaming "illegals".  Move on, Gene! (got any ideas of your own?).  Here's one:  how about you tune in "Call the Midwife"! how did England go from one of the worst infant mortality rates to one of the best?  gee, I wonder...  (bear in mind that "Obama care" is pretty much a carbon copy of what Romney instituted in MA).  You may think you have a happy audience on this forum but I'll be a thorn in your side.  Get used to it.  I don't love the alternative but until the GOP smartens up and welcomes people like me (reasonably educated, pro-choice WOMEN who understand the chemistry of climate change) I'll continue to question you and look for common ground.   

My phone rings.  I have done a lot of marine interior work.  And I'm getting calls from local designers for slipcovers and cushions.  And I'm still crankin' out alterations/clothing repairs.  I do pretty much whatever comes my way that isn't too huge/heavy/dirty.  And I'm reasonably busy... enough that I'm hopeful that as the word spreads that I'm good and reliable work will flow toward me.  I'm hopeful.