Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:16:20 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Happy! Happy! Happy!

Started by gene, March 13, 2011, 08:10:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

I have a brand new Pick Up Gripper at my shop!!!!

I love it. Fabric scraps, hand tools, a bug: no more bending over or getting on my knees to pick stuff up off the floor. It's great.

I love it so much that I'm going to buy a second Pick Up Gripper in case I drop the first one on the floor.

The only problem I now have with picking stuff up off the floor is remembering where I put my Pick Up Gripper.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Half-Fast

Attach one of those squealing "key finders" to it  :D

One Christmas a number of years ago, my kids 'bought' me one of those as a stocking stuffer.  Supposedly, all you had to do was clap and it would start squealing.  Darn thing would squeal at the slightest provocation though.... a drawer closing, kids running through the living room, dog barking....

I eventually opened it up and removed the battery.  I am however thinking about taking it to my shop and attaching it to my favorite scisssors..... ::)

Jeff

sofadoc

Quote from: Half-Fast on March 13, 2011, 02:45:23 pm
I am however thinking about taking it to my shop and attaching it to my favorite scisssors..... ::)

Then, you'll hear a squeal coming from inside the couch that you just finished. ;D

I have one of those magnets on a long metal rod. I made an elastic slip-cover out of thin material. I can pick up staples, tacks, nails,etc., and walk over to the trash can, pull the slip cover off (This way, I don't have to painstakingly pick each staple or tack off the magnet).
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

fragged8

thats a damn good idea sofadoc ..

And gene , you need to buy shares in the company heheh

BigJohn

I have one of those picker-uppers too, it's called my wife!

Half-Fast

Quote from: BigJohn on March 13, 2011, 08:33:01 pm
I have one of those picker-uppers too, it's called my wife!

I typically have one of my slaves....uh, I mean teenagers with me every other weekend or so.  One time I had my youngest (almost 16 now) picking up around the shop and he refered to me as "old man"...... of course, I had to put him in a choke-hold  ;D

Jeff

gene

September 15, 2011, 04:05:53 pm #6 Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:09:21 pm by gene
Read my first post on this topic.

Two weeks ago I started getting a pain in my left hip that was totally debilitating. I was not able to stand for more than 2 or 3 minutes.

I found out that my pelvic bone had became dislocated to the point of causing severe pain. I am going through chiropractic treatment that has aligned my pelvic bone and I'm now working on keeping it aligned.

I realized today that this week I have been picking everything up off the floor with my hands. I bend at the knees and pick up whatever I need to. I had totally forgotten about my Pick Up Grabber. I no longer need it.

I had been thinking that my days of wilderness canoeing were over. Now I'm beginning to make plans for a May trip to northern Ontario.

It is truly amazing how bad my body was functioning. I had assumed that it was a just a matter of getting older and increased gravity caused by global warming. (I inserted an Al Gore joke for some comic re-leaf.)

I'm not a nut case for chiropractic, but I am totally impressed, and totally grateful.

And if you visit one, I would encourage you to find one who is more interested in helping you than they are in getting you to sign up for additional visits.

Here's to aligned backs, good diet, and exercise.

gene

Peppy

Good for you Gene!

QuoteAnd if you visit one, I would encourage you to find one who is more interested in helping you than they are in getting you to sign up for additional visits.

that is key, for sure. Glad it worked for you!

Whereabouts in N. Ontario? In May you say? Bring your wooly undies! You'd miss the bugs at least. Maybe.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

gene

Peppy - Algonquin Provincial Park is my favorite place in Ontario, Canada that I will drive to. I have been there many times in May and there are no bugs and also no people. And the ice on the lakes has always been gone by the middle to end of May.

gene

Mojo

Quote from: gene on September 15, 2011, 04:05:53 pm

Here's to aligned backs, good diet, and exercise.

gene

If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.  :)

Chris

Darren Henry

QuoteAlgonquin Provincial Park is my favorite place in Ontario,

Have you ever been past there,Gene? That is still southern Ontario. Even Peppy lives north of there and they don't even get taught about those of us north of Thunder Bay down that far.LOL.

Kenora is another 2100km NW, but you could just launch in Beaudette MN and paddle up Lake of the woods to get there.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Darren Henry

Glad to hear you're back on your wheels Gene. ;D Have you heard how Mike 802 is getting on with his heal spur?

Me; I got my walking boot (replaces the old walking casts) on Monday but still can't put enough weight on it go back to work. I'm still on those *edit*,*edit* crutches.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Peppy

Quote from: Darren Henry on September 16, 2011, 04:45:58 pm
Have you ever been past there,Gene? That is still southern Ontario. Even Peppy lives north of there and they don't even get taught about those of us north of Thunder Bay down that far.LOL

Thunder Bay? What the hell is that? I'm kidding, I've even been there. It's true though that in Toronto the 'far north' is Parry Sound.

What about Temagami Darren? That north enough? It's got my vote for most beautifull canoeing spot in Ontario. Well, most beautifull aside from the Burce Peninsula anyway. 
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

Darren Henry

It's getting closer to north. Still way east of my old hood (1490 km) but pics look nice on their website.