Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 04:12:33 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

steam

Started by gene, March 11, 2011, 06:15:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

When my Rowenta Steamer died I needed a bit of steam ASAP so I ASAP'd over to Wal Mart. I was surprised that almost all the household irons have vertical steam now.

I bought a $20 beauty and it is amazing. The only difference from my old Rowneta is the price and the water reservoir. If you don't need a lot of steam, and you only need it occasionally, I don't see why I would need anything else.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

fragged8

i use a cheap wallpaper steamer with an icebox
defrosting nozzle on the pipe.

Rich

bobbin

Interesting Gene.  I have noticed the same thing with respect to the price of gravity feed irons.  Mine is all of 15 yrs. old now and has served me well.  It's time for a replacement and even the top of the line Naomoto is not huge money compared to what they cost when I bought my now elderly Sapporo.   I wonder why that is?!

I want a dedicated steamer, too.  I'm thinking a Jiffy will suffice quite nicely, since a boiler and pressurized steam is impossible in a shop without water!  But with domestic water high in iron I'll be buying distilled water and plenty of filtration beads. 

MinUph

Quote from: bobbin on March 14, 2011, 02:56:07 pm
I want a dedicated steamer, too.  I'm thinking a Jiffy will suffice quite nicely, since a boiler and pressurized steam is impossible in a shop without water!  But with domestic water high in iron I'll be buying distilled water and plenty of filtration beads. 

You won't be sorry with a Jiffy bobbin.
  I've had my J2 for over 25 years and up until recently had no issues. I did have to change the thermostat last month. I think the part was 20 bucks and shipping was like mailing a letter. Works like new again. Great company. Great steamers.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website