Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 06:11:39 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How old are we anyway

Started by MinUph, January 08, 2018, 05:19:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

If I had it all over to do I am not sure I would choose RV Awnings. While margins are good the amount of work involved in closing sales not to mention the vast amount of tech support after the sale is a killer. We do not compete with local awning makers but rather we compete on a National level. The only way to make this business work is on online with sales throughout the USA and Canada. Local awning guys would starve on RV business.

I had over 3 years just in learning the various assemblies, parts, problems, etc. Once I knew them all, the assembly manufacturers came out with new models and I was back at square one. Anyone can sew a damn awning but our customers demand support after the sale. If you do not provide it then the word gets out fast among the online RV communities and you are toast. These RV forums can make you and break you in a heartbeat.

I guess if I was younger and looking for a career change I would open a brothel and not consider upholstery work. At least I would enjoy going to work everyday and have a lot more fun. :)

Mojo

SteveA

The Mojo Bunny Ranch !   Sounds Expensive -
SA

kodydog

Mojo, at 59 you are a young man. I say go for it. Some of the guys here could be your best customers. :)
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

scottymc

Send us all a sample box when it get's off the ground Chris. :-)

Mojo

I was joking one day with a buddy of mine about opening up a brothel. He said " I want to be a partner ". I told him forget it. He would end up screwing up our profits. :)

Mojo

Grebo

52 + 3/4.  Going thought ' that time of life '  You lads might get a rough deal sometimes but you sure don't want to go through it 😥 .
It can really mess up your mind, let alone your body.
But I'm hanging in there, can't get as much work done as before but still have some regular customers 😂

Suzi

Darren Henry

hang in there Suzi. there is life  on the other side of "the change". My soon to be ex has been better health and mental health wise than before.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

brmax

Good Morning!

Its been a real pleasure hearing you all on the forum for several years. With the added benefit to share some start-up concerns and interest. This has been and quite frankly still seems to be a friend like conversation here. In my own surprised to make it 57 & 9/12ths years, am happy to be here!

Thanks
Floyd

Grebo

65Buick

Suzi, how'd you manage posting that (un)smiley?

Grebo

Err, I've got an emocion symbol on my keyboard (tablet) actually I've no idea why it worked. 😂