Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 11:22:06 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bobbin case hanging up on Consew 225

Started by art, July 03, 2011, 03:14:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

art

Howdy from South Texas,

I am new to the forum.  I recently acquired a used Consew 225 in very good condition (or so it seems).  My problem is the bobbin housing and the bobbin seem to gall up.  A few drops of oil and the problem goes away for a few minutes.  Also, the thread regularly binds up in, around, and under my bobbin case.  It does this with #69, #92 and #138 thread (these are the only three I have tried).  After it binds up, I clean everything out with needle-nose pliers, a couple of drops of oil, and it works fine again for a few minutes.  Is this something I need to have a sewing machine shop look at?  I've done some internet research and haven't found anything to answer this question as of yet.  Hoping to draw on yall's experience.  Thanks, Art

I am just a week-end hobby sewer, not a professional yet.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Sounds like this machine is being improperly used.   Find a good book or info.  For basic sewing techniques or at least a guide for this consew 225, same as singer 111w155.

art

Greg, Thanks for the advise.Do you have a recommendation of any particular book? I do have the operators manual  however its not very helpfull. I am sewing 2 to 6 layers of sunbrela or cordura and webbing. I was told the consew 225 would work fine for this.  Any advise is helpfull.Thanks Art

morrisman

My consew 226 did that a bit . But I learnt to keep tension on the threads as you start to sew - by gently pulling them.

I always do the first stitch manually , then continue on with power.

Mike
Consew 226 R-2 still learning

kodydog

Quote from: morrisman on July 05, 2011, 03:37:42 am
My consew 226 did that a bit . But I learnt to keep tension on the threads as you start to sew - by gently pulling them.

Quote from: Gregg @ Keystone Sewing on July 04, 2011, 07:10:11 am
For basic sewing techniques or at least a guide for this consew 225, same as singer 111w155.

Same here. I've got the Singer 111-155. If I don't keep that top thread tight when I start sewing it'll bind up almost every time. I don't think theres any thing wrong, just the way the machine was made.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

art

Thank you for the help. I just tried your suggestions and its helping! Art