Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 10:28:09 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What I saw down the marina..

Started by Grebo, October 14, 2010, 08:24:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

October 14, 2010, 08:24:36 am Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:42:43 am by Grebo
Ok, I don't know the measurements but I spotted this big bimini in the marina yesterday.

It must be about 4metres wide.  ???
Those are s/s poles running down the middle, I wonder if it's one of those electric folding ones ?

Nice new Jeaneau 57 any one  :P

I have a customer with a 50 who wants windows in his bimini like this one  ::)

fragged8

nice

windows i got, i just want one of those boats around it  :P

bobbin

Jeaneau wouldn't make my short list, Grebo. 

Now a Morris, or a Hinkley... now we're talkin'.  Or maybe some "classic plastic"; Bristol, or Whitby...

Peppy

Quote from: bobbin on October 14, 2010, 12:01:06 pm
Jeaneau wouldn't make my short list, Grebo. 

I know, eh! Whatta hunk a junk! Phfff, 2 wheels. What else do they have? 2 dish washers?

There's a rumor circulating around town that the marina is building docks for 50'ers this winter (40' is the limit currently) So, maybe next year there'll be one of these POS in my backyard!
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠

bobbin

Would also seriously consider one of the larger Cape Dorys; esp. the ketch! so would definitely look to Robinhood, as well... they bought a number of the Cape Dory moulds. 

This household definitely gives the nod to full keel, sea-kindly boats.  If you want to go "fast", buy a powerboat...

Grebo

I know, I know I wouldn't have one either  :D . I have one guy who has just sold his older 47 I think it was & now has the 50 & it's nasty, just like a tupperware box without the quality. Then I did some work on a much older 51 & it was real nice inside, ok it still can't sail  ;D but they sure are going further down the pan  :-X

Can-Vas

interesting with the window covers on the inside - velcro i guess..
I'd rather be sailing..  - but if ya gotta work it's nice to be around boats!

Grebo

Quote from: Can_Vas on October 19, 2010, 09:16:21 am
interesting with the window covers on the inside - velcro i guess..

Yes it is, thing is he is going to be hitting his head on the rolled up canvas as the bimini on the 50' is lower.  :-X

Mojo

I would love to own it. Problem is that it would be a Marina Queen. I could never afford the fuel bill to take it out and run it on the gulf.

Dang them things use fuel. I want to cry every time I fill my bus up but then think of the yacht guys and their fuel endurance and then I feel much better.

I seen some awesome " ships / yachts " when I was in Seattle 2 years ago. 70 footers with dinghys as big as my open bow Wellcraft. :)

Chris