Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:43:49 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

98 Dodge console

Started by Chill, September 02, 2010, 05:08:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chill

Does anyone know how the plastic insert comes out of a 98 Dodge pickup console?

jeepdoc

What part of the console? The console lid was serviced a complete unit some times if there are hinge and latch screws removing those the side that screws into the lid would sometimes seperate the 2

stitcher_guy

All I've run across are the lids. some do have a depression in the middle to hold letterse or brickabrac so it doesn't slide all over. I"ve had customers have me fill those in when I'm recovering their lid so they have a place for their arm.

The only thing, like I said, is the lid of which I am aware. I take the lid off (slide the pin out of the hinge in back), and then I turn it over. The innner cap is snapped into the outer lid shell. If you're recovering the lid, you want to pop out this inner shell so you can nestle the matieral up under the cap. It's annoying and takes foreever because the little clips holdilng it together tend to want to snap off.

Chill

thanks for the replies, so, it sounds like the secret is in the hinge. We will have a look at that.
Carol