Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 03:18:43 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

I need to find a source for aluminum seat back brackets...

Started by Pegasus2007, August 30, 2010, 04:37:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pegasus2007

Good morning everyone.  I need to add a backrest to an existing leaning post.  I am looking for two fixed aluminum bent brackets (slightly more than 90 degrees)  to mount under the leaning post so that I can attach a backrest.  I have done many searches and can only find the hinged type of bracket.  What I'm looking for is just bent aluminum bar.  Do I have to have my local aluminum shop make these for me or do you know of a source for them?  Any help would be appreciated.  Russell.

fragged8

hiya

Would it not be possible to make some ?

with Ali you will need to aneal it to bend it, get a bar of soap and wet it and coat the ali in the soap all over.

then heat it with a blow torch until the soap goes black and it will be the correct temp to bend it without stressing it. When the corner is bent the working of the corner will harden it again.

very easy to do at home.
Rich

Mojo

Your going to laugh but........

Whenever I need a chrome or aluminum bracket I head to my local truck shop and go into the hardware section. They have all kinds of brackets to mount all kinds of different thing with from mirrors to antennas.

Chris

fragged8

JuneC

Hey Russell, how's it going in the Keys?  I've had good luck with Springfield seat parts.  They have a great selection of swivels.  They sell mostly bass boat stuff, but some parts are universal.

http://www.springfieldgrp.com/BackSupports_108_degree_straight_bend.htm

Land n Sea carries their stuff.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Pegasus2007

Thanks to you all! June, I found out that I can buy a set of these for $20 from your source.  Thanks tons! Russell.