Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 04:53:42 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Suggested material for my pickup truck seats??

Started by hdflame, August 24, 2010, 12:34:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hdflame

I covered my chair that I use at my sewing machine with some VANGUARD/ OSTRICH because I liked the looks of it and was thinking about doing my truck seats in the Rust color.

Here's the problem.  I sweat terribly when sitting on the chair!  I'm scared that it will be too hot and sweaty in my truck.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this, or suggestions for an alternate material?  I like the leather look, but don't know if I want to spend the extra bucks for "REAL" leather for my truck seats??

Even though I like the looks of the Ostrich, I'm hesitant about using it now.  Is there another good looking vinyl that you would recommend?  I REALLY wanted the Ostrich so I would have something different, and I thought it would be a rolling ad for my work.  What's everybody think?  Just go ahead and do it, and if I don't like it, change it out for practice?

Thanks.
Bobby
www.riddlescustomupholstery.com
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special
BRAND NEW Highlead GC0618-1-SC
and a new Cobra Class 4 Leather Machine  ;)

Agent 002

Leather in that ostrich pattern is pretty spendy but there is a vinyl with that ostrich pattern made my pyrimaid trim thats pretty good....our shop ordered the black ostrich pattern but really didnt look to see what other colors they had but hope this helps....by the way nice work on that chair!

JuneC

Brisa Soleil by Ultra Fabrics.  Miami Corp has the best prices.

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

SHHR

Check with Tandy Leather, they sometimes offer exotics at a good price. The hides aren't big but would be great for inserts.
Kyle

hdflame

Quote from: Agent 002 on August 24, 2010, 12:57:58 pm
Leather in that ostrich pattern is pretty spendy but there is a vinyl with that ostrich pattern made my pyrimaid trim thats pretty good....our shop ordered the black ostrich pattern but really didnt look to see what other colors they had but hope this helps....by the way nice work on that chair!

Thanks for the comment on the chair.  That is one that I rebuilt and covered for practice.  I am now thinking about covering another one with some kind of cloth instead of vinyl so it's more comfortable to work in.

I can get the Ostrich in vinyl with a good selection of colors, but the problem is, it just doesn't seem to breathe.  I actually have some in the Rust color now.

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special

hdflame

Quote from: JuneC on August 24, 2010, 04:17:15 pm
Brisa Soleil by Ultra Fabrics.  Miami Corp has the best prices.

June

June,

I'm having trouble finding the material you're talking about.  I found the Ultra leather Brisa.  Is that what you're talking about?

I don't know if I want to spend that much a yard for a work truck.  Do you have a link to the material you're talking about?

Bobby
www.sunstopper.biz
Several Old Singers
Elna SU
Older Union Special