Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 09:36:25 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

10 Tips for Marketing Your Upholstery Shop on Facebook

Started by TheHogRing, August 28, 2011, 05:54:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogRing

August 28, 2011, 05:54:19 pm Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 05:10:35 am by TheHogRing
So you set up a Facebook page for your upholstery shop - now what?

The good news is that you're on the right track. While word-of-mouth is still the preferred method of marketing for small businesses, many are becoming increasingly more reliant on social media. According to a recent study by AT&T, 41% of small businesses have a Facebook page. In 2010, only 27% of businesses reported using Facebook - that's a 52% increase in just one year.

What's more, of all small businesses reporting that they use social media, 41% said they've seen measurable success - in terms of better communication with new and/or existing customers.

The trick is how to translate that better communication into more business for your shop. The following 10 tips will teach you how.

Check out the full list on The Hog Ring: http://tinyurl.com/4xz9oln

TheHogRing

Out of curiosity, how many upholstery shops (auto or otherwise) use Facebook and Twitter here?

RiCat

Setting up a facebook page for the business is definitely on the agenda. I have the website that desperately needs updating and with building very extensive spread sheets for analytical purposes - well, you know the saying - "so much to do, so little time" - I did want to come on here and say how much I appreciate your efforts with your website and how you come on here to enlighten this forum with your insights and updates - keep up the good work......

Rick

ps.. just curious about your name - are you old school enough to be able to "spit" hog rings when putting on seat covers?

kodydog

It's not that I think its a bad idea or not worth the time but like RiCat I barely have time to up date my web site. Sounds like Facebook needs to be tended to daily. I do appreciate your posts Hogring, you make some valid points.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

jojo

Kody, for me it's actually easier to update a facebook page than it is to update my website. I hate updating my website, and at this point I think I forget how. But facebook makes it easy with the photoloader. I only have 27 people who "like" my page, but I've actually gotten a few jobs from the page.

kodydog

Quote from: jojo on September 01, 2011, 12:25:14 pm
Kody, for me it's actually easier to update a facebook page than it is to update my website. I hate updating my website, and at this point I think I forget how. But facebook makes it easy with the photoloader. I only have 27 people who "like" my page, but I've actually gotten a few jobs from the page.

Cool, Good to know. I guess being an old fart, trying something new is intimidating. I've never been on facebook and don't know how it works. I'm sure its easy or it wouldn't be so popular.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

TheHogRing

RiCat,

Thanks for your kind words. It's very encouraging. It means a lot to your team that you read The Hog Ring and have such nice things to say. We'll definitely keep improving the site and hopefully you'll visit often and leave comments.

In regards to the name, yes I've cut my lip on quite a few hog rings. Where else are you supposed to put them when you're in the zone? :)

Kodydog,

I have to agree with jojo. It's actually a lot easier to use Facebook than updating a website. With Facebook, it's just a matter of typing and hitting enter. Plus you get an immediate response from your customers - which is awesome.

I'd like to extend an offer - and this goes to Kodydog or anyone - if you need help setting up a Facebook page, let us know and we'd be happy to help you or answer any of your questions. That's what we're here for.

Thanks guys!

http://www.thehogring.com/

chevman57

My shop has a facebook page but i know nothing about it yet. My daughter set it up for me. I keep intending to register and participate but haven`t yet.
Terry

TheHogRing

Quote from: chevman57 on September 05, 2011, 11:42:14 am
My shop has a facebook page but i know nothing about it yet. My daughter set it up for me. I keep intending to register and participate but haven`t yet.
Terry

The best person to learn from is your daughter. Kids are obsessed with Facebook. They know all the ins and outs!