Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 09:41:00 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Tomorrow is the big day

Started by MinUph, December 15, 2014, 06:05:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

Well the day has come. Tomorrow I buy the business. Been a long time coming but it sure snuk up on us. Should be signing the papers around 2 or so and then all I have to do is pay the bills. Oh and try and get some work done at the same time. And sell jobs, answer phone, listen to the Designers and run like hell for the door to go home at night to do more there. I remember all that well and miss it greatly :)
  Wish me luck guys and gals I'll need it.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Dede

Best of luck, Paul.  I'm so glad everything is finally falling into place.  Now the real work begins!
West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com

sofadoc

Good luck Paul.

So you're still going to "moonlight" at home?
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

chrisberry12

Congratulations, will have to look you up next time I visit down there

MinUph

Quote from: sofadoc on December 15, 2014, 07:39:53 pm
Good luck Paul.

So you're still going to "moonlight" at home?

I'm going to try and not do that actually. But it seems its inevitable. Estimates, call backs etc. We will see.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

RiCat

Paul, I am sure you will have good success. You are very squared away in the craft. I will continue to refer major furniture projects to you. Mojo and myself has said we need to hook up one evening and have dinner. Chew the fat and swap war stories.

Rick

kodydog

Good luck Paul. Although I doubt you'll need it. You've been doing this so long it'll just be another walk in the park. Keep us posted.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

SteveA

All the Best Paul -

Run the business rather then be the business -
It's your turn to take advantage of the craft you've perfected  - 

Kindly,
SA

gene

Congratulations. And much success.

It's great to see an upholsterer growing in business.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

baileyuph

Good luck Paul, nothing ventured could be nothing gained.  Your venturing - keep the faith.

Also, as before there will be lessons learned that would be interesting to learn from.

Doyle

bobbin

You know the work cold and you take pride in doing good work.  All the rest is making sure the numbers work and if you have your books set up properly that's not really very hard to do.  I am sure you will be a rip roarin' success. 

MinUph

Thanks for all the kind words. We did the deal today and I am once again a business owner. Very excited to get going.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

Please let me know if I can do anything to assist you with your new venture Paul ( marketing, etc. ).

After the Holidays lets get together for dinner with Rick.

best of luck to you my friend with your new adventure. I am sure it will be a huge success.

Chris

MinUph

Just an Update...
  Been working on the shop. What a mess I bought. 3 dumpsters so far 2 yards each. And it isn't done yet. Why do some people never throw anything away. If it isn't used in 6 months it is trash in my book. Oh well we are making headway. I found stuff that was 20 years old and just junk. I was never one to use pre-used things in furniture.

On a positive note, I got a wall opened up to allow a cutting room extension into a cutting room connected to a sewing room. I have the first coat of finish on the new cutting table 60" by 12' Nice table like a rock. My seamstress will be happy with it I'm sure. And the second coat of mud on the wall to finish it off.

Had some furniture to get rid of and put it out front "Free" sign attached. The gym owner next door took 4 chairs, and a woman stopped and too a french provincial chair frame and will be bringing it back to reupholster. Will see on that one.

Been getting several calls for jobs to pickup. It's good to be busy from the start.

Mojo I may take you up at some point on the Marketing side. If I need it I will ask. Thanks.

Until later you all have a Safe and Happy New Year!

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Quote from: MinUph on December 29, 2014, 06:41:20 pm
Why do some people never throw anything away. If it isn't used in 6 months it is trash in my book.
Couldn't agree more. About 4 times a year, I haul at least 2 pick-up truck loads to the city landfill.

Time is money......and space is time. If it occupies space, it's costing you money.

I've seen a lot of shops over the years. And most of them had stuff piled to the ceiling. 

I got lucky when I moved to a new location back in '98. My old building was being demolished, so I just took what I wanted, and left the rest. All the stuff that my grandparents had hoarded since the early 60's.

Happy purging, Paul.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban