Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 02:37:12 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Business slogan

Started by MinUph, November 04, 2014, 05:14:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

November 04, 2014, 05:14:30 pm Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 05:16:03 pm by MinUph
  Well it is getting closer. I take over the business December 15th. I picked up a replacement van this past saturday and am very please with it. It's a 07 GMC Savana 3500. In great shape.
 Now I am thinking about the lettering and need to come up with a good slogan to go along with the name. When I was in the remodeling business for a few years my slogan was "I will never leave you hanging" and it went over well with customers. But I can't seem to come up with a good one for the Upholstery. Even though I've done this most of my life LOL. So I'm asking my friends here for some input / ideas.
 Company name is Minichillo's Upholstery Inc. Located in Tarpon Springs Florida.
 Any ideas?
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

I have some suggestions for slogans NOT to use (because they've been done a million times).

"We've got you covered"

"Big or small.......we cover 'em all"

"Our business is recovering"
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

November 04, 2014, 06:05:26 pm #2 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:06:29 pm by MinUph
Yea Dennis,
 I've seen these. Looking for something unique. Been kicking around something like "Quality still matters"
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

The first one I use. You are welcome to steal it from me since I don't have it copyrighted and I probably stole it from someone else anyway.

The others are ones I've collected off the net over the years.

Quality and Service that is second to no one, at competitive prices.

We guarantee fast service no matter how long it takes.

Tired of being fat and ugly? You'll look better in that newly upholstered chair.

A tradition of quality furniture upholstery.

Because quality is necessary.

Every project is different. Every client is special.

Outstanding service makes the difference.

Quality service for quality customers.

Reliable. Trustworthy. Proven.

Renew your look.

Restoring the beauty and freshness of all your upholstered furniture.

Best of luck, boss!

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Slogans are tough. For every positive that many slogans state, they leave a negative to the imagination.

We used to have one on our business card that said something like "From old pleasure........to new treasure".  But some people inferred from that slogan that we only recovered older pieces. We actually had some customers ask "Do you recover NEW furniture too?"

And anything that refers to quality at a reasonable price might imply a bargain.

I like "Quality still matters". It would be nice to elaborate on that a little, but I can't think of a way to do it without getting too wordy.

MinUph

Quality Craftsmanship still matters.

Getting a little to long maybe.

I don't want anything to do with resonable price or anything that might be construed with a bargain. It's hard enough to get a fair price these days.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

byhammerandhand

and the old favorite:

Sofa King
Great Upholstery
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

baileyuph

Merely add:  "quality since .........(add the year business or experience began)

Dede

November 05, 2014, 05:33:39 am #8 Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 09:41:49 am by Dede
Can you point out the fact that you ARE experienced?    Like (for example) "Quality work since 19__"

Cute slogans are, well... cute, but in my oh-so-humble-opinion they come off as just another crafty "I just love home projects!" blog.  Potential customers are looking for something a little more substantial -- again, just my opinion.

On preview... DB said it faster than I did!
West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com

sofadoc

I've had slogans on my business cards before. Usually just some generic "stock" slogan that I picked from a list.

That was back in the day when you had to get your cards printed from a local printer. When online "design-your-own" places like vistaprint began popping up, I stopped doing slogans.

Unless you do something cutesy, most slogans do just sound like "lip service". I'm not going to pick a plumber or electrician just because he touts his quality in a slogan. In fact, I'll probably come closer to remembering a cutesy one.

As a consumer, if I met Paul's van on the highway and saw "We've got you covered", or "Quality since 19xx", which one do you think I'm going to remember?

kodydog

We've had people comment on this one.

I just love ...busness name... you'll love them too.

And this,

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

byhammerandhand

November 05, 2014, 09:35:16 am #11 Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 09:35:59 am by byhammerandhand
I always prefer something like
"Quality service since 1994"  rather than (on a 10 year old van)

" 20 25  28 30 years experience"

Quote from: sofadoc on November 05, 2014, 06:23:27 am
As a consumer, if I met Paul's van on the highway and saw "We've got you covered", or "Quality since 19xx", which one do you think I'm going to remember?
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

November 05, 2014, 03:28:34 pm #12 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:19:22 pm by gene
I wonder if slogans are like resumes, they have more power to harm than to help.

When I see religious slogans on businesses I always wonder if their intent is to tell certain groups of people that their business is not welcome.

Whatever you choose, make sure to run spell check on it.
QALITY FERNITURE UPHOLSTERRY CINCE I GRADUMACATED FRUM 9TH GRAED.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

Our slogan is:

Quality & Excellence--Every Job--Every Time

Your welcome to use it yourself.

Chris