Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 01:42:54 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Plaque

Started by SteveA, September 14, 2018, 05:23:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

This job came in yesterday - the hard part is done.  Was broken in 5 pieces - forgot to take a before photo.  Epoxied it back together and inserted steel pins cut into the back for added strength -
cast masonry art work ( wine goddess) -  weighs over 100 lbs or so - I had a beer while I was gluing it fortunately no uneven joints :)

gene

Where would someone put that? Is it hung on the wall?
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SteveA

There is a wire in the back for wall hanging but I wouldn't trust the wire alone.  Better to attach a ledger hitting the studs and resting the base of the plaque on the ledger then measure for the wall hook using the combination of both.  I think this item is better suited for the garden preferably in front of the grape vines resting on the floor -
SA

SteveA

I filled the  5 cracks with plaster and slightly overfilled feathering out the patch.  Before the plaster dried I took a hand full of nails held together points down and made texture in the almost dry plaster.  Sprayed flat lacquer on the dry plaster and just before the lacquer dried I pounced on dry rotten stone which seem like a nice gray color to simulate age and blend in the repair.