Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:42:49 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Teak n Seat---Searay

Started by Highvelocity, February 02, 2011, 07:36:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Highvelocity

I reupholstered this seat last week off of a 25ft searay weekender.  The teak wood looked shot but with a orbitable sander and some 100 grit she came back to life.  I put three coats of pollyurethane on it and she shined up like a new penny.  Check out a few pictures.  I like the laminated look with inside teak...very rich.

Boats Love Hundred Dollar Bills

bobbin

That came out nice.  Any chance you might have a "before" shot, is there?

(I love bright work on boats). 

Highvelocity

February 02, 2011, 08:55:54 am #2 Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 08:59:11 am by Highvelocity
Sure, here are a few before shots...  Needless to say this seat was in very bad shape...  I enjoy a good challenge...  The vinyl was so old and weathered it was breaking as I took it off.  I was able to get a general pattern out of it.  The second picture down is with new vinyl...

bobbin

I know that dry, "chalky" feel that really stale vinyl gets.  You did a nice job on that project, I see no way the owners won't be thrilled.  What did you use for vinyl?  (the discussion of it in another thread has me thinking about it). 

Highvelocity

Bobbin,

I use the SeaQuest chalk white vynil for a lot of projects, $7.50 a yard.  It's good quality for the money. 

Did you see how washed out that teak was...???I thought no way I will get that wood back to a nice color, but I figured what the hech let me try...it took some sanding but wow I'm a believer.
  The customer is a friend of mine and he couldn't believe it.  He was like, this is amazing, he never dreamed I could make it look that good.  Makes you feel good about the job when you hear that.

Ed

Mike8560

Ed did you meen seabrook. Chalk? If so where are you getting it at $7.50

Highvelocity