Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 11:32:35 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Welcome back Upholster.com

Started by MinUph, January 02, 2016, 11:23:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

brmax

It all looks great this New Year
Best Wishes Everyone
Floyd

Mike

welcome back paul. well last week when the site was working again, my background was light blue now im light orange as normal.

MinUph

I haven't been able to log on for weeks. I kept getting a template error. On my 2 computers, and my phone. But all seems well now except the smilies as they were before.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Virgs Sew n Sew

Like Mike, I could log in, but was getting blue and white.  Now, all as it was before.  Fabulous!

Virginia

sofadoc

Quote from: Virgs Sew n Sew on January 03, 2016, 05:56:52 am
Now, all as it was before.  Fabulous!
Depends on how you define the word "before".

In 2011, there were over 9000 new posts to this forum. Last year, around 3500. It has been on a steady, steep decline every year.

Face it folks. This forum is drying up. There are only a small handful of us keeping it going. We used to have 30 or 40 active members that posted daily. Heck, we had 2 sewing machine mechanics that answered questions every night. And we had a few suppliers that posted as well. They've all moved on to more active forums.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Virgs Sew n Sew

I'm one of the newer posters and, yes, even I have noticed that the forum isn't as active as it was when I first posted.  Since it wasn't in 2011, I'm relieved that I'm not the cause ; )

Don't know the more active forums as I haven't looked.  I like the folks here who still post so I have no desire, at this juncture, to look for other forums.

Glad as many of the old timers are still posting here as there are..

Virginia

kodydog

January 03, 2016, 08:54:09 am #7 Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:56:22 am by kodydog
Whew! I was getting the shakes without my daily fix here. Glad to be back. Happy New Year everyone.
Quote from: sofadoc on January 03, 2016, 06:46:03 am

In 2011, there were over 9000 new posts to this forum. Last year, around 3500. It has been on a steady, steep decline every year.

Face it folks. This forum is drying up. There are only a small handful of us keeping it going. We used to have 30 or 40 active members that posted daily. Heck, we had 2 sewing machine mechanics that answered questions every night. And we had a few suppliers that posted as well. They've all moved on to more active forums.

What would it take to get back to where we were before. Is there any hope? Convert to Facebook? What I've always liked about this forum is the experience behind the answers. You can ask almost any upholstery related question and get an intelligent answer. You all have helped me solve a lot of problems. Sure would hate to see it go the way of the dinosaurs.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

The old saying "Use it or loose it" applies to all forums also. I belong to a couple 3 groups on FB and they are OK but not as personable as here. So us it and maybe we wont loose it.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Darren Henry

Oh man is it good to be back!!! I've missed you folks.

I started getting the error message just before I left for Alberta ,for Christmas. [thanks Virgina for extending my hoilday wishes BTW]. I tried logging on from my step son's lap top a couple of times with intermittent success but couldn't remember my password. I've been able to read along on my phone in blue and white but still haven't found my password now that I'm home. As late as yesterday afternoon that was where I was at. I had read that they were hoping to restore tomorrow or tuesday but had the laptop on looking for scope mounts for my new rifle (not a great morning at the range) so thought I'd check.

YAHOO!!! Grab a six pack---I've got plenty to catch  up on LOL.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

SteveA

Glad to be able to log in - not sure what the reason was for the error messages  ? 
Been slow for about 10 days - but the needed rest was welcomed -  calls starting to come in now -
Like this site and the folks here - wishing all a great 2016 -
Darren my elbow is strong enough to help you out - don't go it alone

SA

Darren Henry

QuoteDarren my elbow is strong enough to help you out - don't go it alone

ROFL; I've just given you an unofficial field promotion to "lifer" on here. You're hangin' around as much for the fellowship as the advice now. You're a "lifer" LOL.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!