Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 12:46:32 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Hey Gang !!!

Started by Mojo, June 10, 2016, 05:03:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I have been out of touch here for a while now. Just been so busy I have had time just to check my e-mails, post a couple updates on Facebook and Twitter and that is about it. I have been going since April 19th, non stop, no days off. First with our major show we do every year in Indy and then building out this new shop we are leasing.

Yes we finally pulled the trigger and leased a new building. It was an empty 1,600 sq ft shop with just a lobby. I built two new offices, installed a break room and kitchen, gutted the bath and remodeled it, installed new plumbing and ran new electrical circuits. I also built a new massive cutting/sewing table - 12 ft x 24 ft. We are bringing our other table 8 ft x 16 ft with us so we will have 4 sewing stations.

Also on the news front, the wife retired from teaching and is now going full time in the business. It is about time since it is HER damn company that she owns outright. I am starting a new company and will be getting into manufacturing hard to find parts for Carefree awnings as well as other parts for Monaco, Holiday Rambler and Beaver coaches. Our old shop which is attached to our house will be converted to our music studio.

I am converting an attached shed to my new workroom where I can have some of my power tools.
What a massive undertaking. I am just blessed I have all the carpentry, plumbing and electrical skills to build out this shop. Otherwise I would have had to hire it done and the cost would have been astronomical and probably the work crappy. I will be posting pictures soon of the new shop.

On the health front, the new chemo drug has kicked into gear and is a rock star. I am back in remission and am feeling better then I have in 15 years.

Hope all of you are doing well. Will be participating more once this big move is complete.

Mojo

sofadoc

I guess it's true what they say.........You just can't keep a good man down.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Bob T

Glad to hear all the good news, even though you've been so busy.  Congrats!

gene

It's always great to hear about a company that is growing. Congratulations on that!

Glad you're doing well.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

Great to hear you're doing so well. Your new cutting table is bigger than your first shop LOL. I'm sure you'll love the new shop.

Send me a business card when you get the new business set up please. We see a lot more A+E awnings than carefree around here, but a supplier of carefree parts would be handy.The same with coach parts. If I remember right that coach I had to make the headlight ring for was a Monaco and the boss couldn't find diddly for parts.

Maybe I should get my broker's license and become your Canadian distributor. The staff discount would help with our 73 cent dollar LOL.

I'm very happy to hear your health is so good. Are you sure it's the chemo drug? With that schedule of yours you probably just wore the cancer out. grin.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

MinUph

Super news on the health front Chris. That is assume. As fo r the shop(s)now that just makes me jelious. Seriously great luch with the new ventures you will make it allwork.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

SteveA

Health first - hearing of the improvement made my day - Many Blessings for continued success in all things.
Full time help with the Mrs. is now a reality  - business partner - best friend -  but you're going full throttle - low + drive isn't so bad -
SA

Virgs Sew n Sew

Glad to hear that your new chemo drug is working.  Cancer is truly a bear.  Hope things continue to keep you healthy and happy.

As for your new shop and increased business workload.  I can honestly say:  Better you than me!  To borrow from Steve A, I'm in low gear and very happy that way.  Work enough to pay what I need to and have enough time to play with the dogs and watch a little TV with hubby.

The trick is finding what works for you.  You obviously want to go and watch your business grow.  Hope that it continues in that fashion for you.

Virginia
Fuck this place.

brmax

Hey Chris its good to hear from ya, you must have went to the races up north.
So the Boss is putting in a time card for you : ))
good day there
Floyd

kodydog

Great news on all fronts Chris. Keep up the good work and good health.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

look at that !  you worked yourself right out of a job and into a new one. hopefully you can take it slower   so will you have help planned on making these awnong parts? I wouldn't know were to begin making that kind of stuff,.  will you still do the RV shows? im sure you are the face of stone vos