Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 11:12:15 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Motivational Music for Darren

Started by Mojo, December 01, 2015, 05:42:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I thought that maybe the old Sgt Major may need a kick in the pants and a little motivational music.

Darren, this video was shot on the Guess Whos' return to Winnipeg. The skys opened up and the downpours began along with lightening and winds. The band played on and the fans never left. I have the entire concert on DVD and it is a good one.

The Cannucks love their Winnipeg born Guess Who. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGDGogga2UM

Enjoy my old friend,

Chris

Darren Henry

Thanks Chris. Yeah Winnipeg still loves them. They even renamed a theatre for Burton Cummings. He's pretty down to earth though apparently. Lives in the same neighbourhood, drops by the local lounge and plays a little piano for sh**'s and giggles, just an average Joe.

I can see the boys playing on. They did this 'cause they loved it---but their roadies must have been wound for sound with all that electrical equipment. I was at "Country fest" a couple of years ago and it rained as it always does. Despite the main stage being a small garage with one wall missing the wind blew enough rain into Tracy Underwood's equipment to blow most of her sound equipment. There were a few thousand soggy, PO'd fans file by our shop on their way out. Being stuck in the dry store listening to another good show on the free stage across the way suddenly seemed to be a better shift than I had thought it would be. grin.

Were you at the concert? or just the DVD?
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

December 02, 2015, 08:00:29 pm #2 Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:03:28 pm by Mike
as much of the 70s music I liked it but I didn't understand a word he sang  lol

this was one of my favorites of the 60s in my garage as a kid  in California with the transistor radio on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZovDF2DB-w

NDAV8R

Quote from: Mike on December 02, 2015, 08:00:29 pm

this was one of my favorites of the 60s in my garage as a kid  in California with the transistor radio

What's a transistor Radio?? ... that's what today's kids say.  Never had one growing up in the 60s. All my friends got one for High school graduation present. However today I collect them when ever I see one at a garage or auction sale.  I currently have about 60 of them in a display case. Some are very bizarre. I don't think they are worth much, but kind of fun to collect.

NDAV8R
Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

byhammerandhand

December 03, 2015, 07:39:27 am #4 Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:40:23 am by byhammerandhand
A number of years ago, I sent my daughter to her room for misbehaving.

On her way there she she stomped off angrily and said, "You know, Jim Morrison was a lousy musician."

I yelled back, "Hey, I told you not to slam The Doors."
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

What do you call cows that have a sense of humor?

A laughing stock

What do you call cows that do not have a sense of humor?

Feminists.

(Name withheld for obvious reasons.)
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

gene

I was pretty young but this song grabbed my attention. This was the first album I ever bought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HroaXmBbBDY

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mojo

Darren:

I have the concert DVD. I am a concert dvd hoarder and have probably 50 various concerts from different artists. Blue's, rock, country, bluegrass, etc. I really like the DVD's because they have interviews and behind the scenes video. We have attended some concerts in the last couple years but I prefer watching the DVD. The ticket prices are outrageous now days. The Eagles were in Tampa a year ago and seats that you could actually see the stage were going for $ 250 each.
Two years ago we went and seen Toni Braxton. Great seats and as luck would have it she had a wardrobe malfunction. I can honestly say she has a very nice back side. :) Seen Huey Lewis, Vince Gill and Amy Grant and a couple others in the last few years.

Mike:

I have seen these transistor radios but never owned one. They gone back in my day. You have to remember I am 20 years younger then you, Darren, Dennis, Gene and Keith. .....lol..:)

Keith:

My son and his Mom always had arguments. It always ended with him going to his room and slamming his door. I warned him twice not to slam the door. The third time I took it off the hinges and put it in the basement. He lived for a month with no door. :)

My daughter pissed me off once and I told her there would be consequences. While she was at school the next day I removed everything out of her bedroom for two weeks. She only had a dresser and bed left. She never pissed me off again and my son never slammed another door. :)

Chris

Darren Henry

Quoteseats that you could actually see the stage were going for $ 250 each.

OUCH!!! That is way more than I would pay for anyone. I really wanted to take Dad to see Red Green when he performed here a couple of years ago--- but $75 a crack ? roll eyes. I'm a nineties kind of guy (1890's) . A half day's wages should get you supper and a movie with a nice girl for entertainment. I'd have come up with the money for Red Green. The only thing funnier than he was the BBC's "The two Ronnie's" and "Benny Hill". Dad wasn't up to the trip.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

Fleetwood Mac was just in Tampa. Good seats went for $ 400 each.
It is highway robbery.

I was watching a feature on big time tour's/concerts. Lady Antebellum did a huge 150 date tour. They had 6 tour buses, 12 semi's and 60 stage hands and employees crisscrossing the USA. I see where the pricey tickets come from. It takes a huge amount of money to feed that big of a tour.

Screw it, forget the damn light shows, glitter, fancy stage setups and all the other over the top crap. Bring a PA system, a few amps, drum set and then plug in and play and sing.

Chris

byhammerandhand

I'm with you there.   I don't need a light show and all the extra crap.

And I'd be really p.o'd if I paid out $800 for seats for me & the Mrs. and some yahoo is singing along, off-key, next to me.

One of my wife's friends volunteers as an usher at a local theater.  She had to evict someone last week for singing along at the top of her voice.

Quote from: Mojo on December 08, 2015, 05:56:58 pm
Fleetwood Mac was just in Tampa. Good seats went for $ 400 each.
It is highway robbery.

I was watching a feature on big time tour's/concerts. Lady Antebellum did a huge 150 date tour. They had 6 tour buses, 12 semi's and 60 stage hands and employees crisscrossing the USA. I see where the pricey tickets come from. It takes a huge amount of money to feed that big of a tour.

Screw it, forget the damn light shows, glitter, fancy stage setups and all the other over the top crap. Bring a PA system, a few amps, drum set and then plug in and play and sing.

Chris
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Virgs Sew n Sew

I took my SIL to Lincoln 2 years ago to see Elton John in concert.  Nose bleed tickets were almost $100 a seat.  He was on her bucket list and it was a thank you from Bob & I for her dealing with MIL for all those years.  We had some kids (late teens/early 20's) sitting next to us and they were seriously PO'd because he did not sing his song from Lion King.  I laughed so hard at that.

Great concert and well worth the price of the tickets.  He started at 8 promptly and played will past 11 pm.  Not bad for an old fart in his 60's.  Only took one short break.  Last concert I've gone to and not sure if I'll go to another one at this point.

Virginia