Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 03:39:01 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Nstallind grometts

Started by Mike8560, January 27, 2011, 12:24:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike8560

I've found that thefpiercinf frometts don't seld pierce so I preppy chrhe holes what I really hate is usenc my  bench mound press to put them in I always give it that extra umf to set them but I hate it I had to come on a take a. Rake before I Finnish a t top.

JuneC

I have a Stimpson 489-S that I picked up off Craigslist for a couple hundred bucks but Stimpson doesn't make a self-piercing/spur washer grommet so I have to punch holes first.  However, the 489S using foot power has plenty of uumph to set a grommet really well.  Dang thing weighs a ton and in spite of it's age (I'm guessing maybe 30 to 40 years old), it operates really smoothly. 

I looks very similar to the current 479 model
   http://www.stimpson.com/model479_machinery.htm?col9=open

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Peppy

January 27, 2011, 04:29:36 pm #2 Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 04:32:10 pm by Peppy
The shop at one time made tons of net panels for a playground company and all the panels were ziptied to posts through grommets. That contract made it possible to buy a pneumatic grommeter. So nice. Press the pedal once and it punches the hole. Load the die with a grommet and press again to set it. I'm spoiled, and I love it. We do far less panel jobs than we did but it still punches out a quarter every time the hammer drops. Or 50cents for a large spur grommet. Makes putting in a vent in a cushion a no-brainer. And making the flaps for an awning a 10 minute job.

It doesn't look like any of those, much bigger. Like 300lbs. Almost the footprint of a phone booth and only a little shorter.
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠