Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 08:47:13 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

did some work for me today

Started by Mike, June 27, 2015, 04:51:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I wanted to work on my own boat today so sunday I need to make a mooring cover pattern sunday at the shop , but today was for me. I made a aft curtain mainly to keep the rain water weight out of my boat when its on it boat lift. the boats 5500pound dry and with the amout of rain that can fall in a short time in the summer here I thought it best. plus my coaming pads will stay nice. I made it to fit with my aft flyshade also .
Its a large cover so I used recacril so I wouldn't have any future streach sag. most customer I see have shrinkage . I have a  wide span with no snaps at the stern across the motors with its own slack so I didn't want any extra.

the shade top attaches to the top with LTD's so the aft curtain is under it with straps and sidere;ease buckles to the grabrail on the arch. makes for good air ventilation at the top with some overhang of the hardtop to keep the rain out

the rear shade is supported with boat hook straps for support are optional.
also installed and snaked the cable for a new 8 foot vhf antenna on the port side arch