Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 11:12:44 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Thursday is the new Friday

Started by sofadoc, November 28, 2014, 06:33:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

I drove by Wally World just before 6PM yesterday. If there was an empty space on the parking lot, I didn't see it. The line awaiting the doors to open was out to the highway. And a lot of pushing and shoving had already commenced.

I did the 6AM "doorbuster" thing a few times back when my daughters were kids, and there was always some hot toy that was in short supply (Cabbage Patch, Tickle Me Elmo, Gigapet). But I'll be damned if I'm going to risk my life to save some money on a bunch of crap.

Take those idiots who trample each other just to save $200 on a TV set. If you offered to hire one of them for 1 week at their normal salary PLUS $200, they would probably turn you down.

I had thought that the "Gray Thursday" crowd would be a little more subdued with their bellies full of turkey. But no-o-o-o........they appear to be feistier than ever!
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

Yesterday i was goi g to a turkey buffet dinner ive been to before. I drove in thebparking lot and found a line that looked like the opening of jaws in 74.
Do i said &$*+% this and we d to a chineese buffet that had turkey with all the fixings it was nust as good no waiting to sit   When i left i was surpeised to see a single eorked installing dry it on the cront of a new walmat grociery store nextdoor

Mojo

I had my own Black Friday by staying home with our two black GSD's. :)

Something I did not know but read an article on is that you never buy electronics ( computers, TV's, etc. ) and other selected items on black friday. The manufacturers of these items produce large volumes of their products that have less features and maybe different internals for the big box stores.

What you end up with for that cheap price is a cheap product. The TV's, VCR/DVD's, computers, etc. that are all related to big holiday sales like black Friday are not the ones you will find on the shelf during the year. The ones they sell during other months are more feature rich and sometimes have better internal components.

Chris

sofadoc

Quote from: Mojo on November 29, 2014, 07:20:53 am
What you end up with for that cheap price is a cheap product. The TV's, VCR/DVD's, computers, etc. that are all related to big holiday sales like black Friday are not the ones you will find on the shelf during the year. The ones they sell during other months are more feature rich and sometimes have better internal components.
I've heard the same thing about the TV's that furniture stores give out as a bonus for buying a whole room full of furniture.

I know a few people who bought those deals. They haven't even started making payments yet, and the furniture is worn out, and the TV quit working. If you don't buy the extended service plan with the "free TV", then it has no warranty.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

November 29, 2014, 10:47:22 am #4 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 10:49:51 am by gene
I would never stand in line to save a few bucks. What a waste of life, IMO.

I did check the news all day Friday to see if there were any Ferguson protesters looting and burning stores nearby. I was going to join them and get all my Christmas shopping done.

I would have come home with a Juki LU 562 (the 563 has a bigger bobbin) and my wife would have asked, "Isn't that your sewing machine?" I would have said, "Yes, but I got it for free AND it looks like I won't be going into work on Monday."

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!