Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 07:24:13 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Shop is ready to open and we have our first customer but...

Started by Pegasus2007, September 24, 2011, 12:46:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pegasus2007

Hi guys,

Well, we managed to make the move from Key Largo Florida to Rockport Maine okay.  We have been busy renovating since then ane we're ready to open our new canvas shop (still called Canvas, Etc.).  The customer we need to see on Monday wants us to quote slip covers for a couch and two chairs.  Although we've done a couple of slip covers for couchs and chairs in boats, we've not done any in a person's home.  I'm realizing that I'm going to be showing up with marine fabrics for her to look at.  I never filled my library with fabric options that were related to residential upholstery and now it's going to bite me!  What companies can you suggest to me that might be able to supply me with fabric sample books so I can give these customers some options that are not marine related?  I appreciate any help you can give me.  I think I'm going to be doing more of this kind of work up here especially in the winter.  Thanks, Russell.

Mike8560

Look into Howard wholeale in ny they were quick delevery I thik it was a day when I was in NH
D&M dist in Portland ME is a good sourse ask for Peter there and tell him Mike from Bayview referee you.
When there was a  UPS strike he deleved to me in HIs van used to have pipes tiesd to the roof and rolls I'm the back.

Lynn

Life's too short.....let's go fishing!!!

Stephen

Charlotte Fabrics www.charlottefabrics.com is a really good wholesale upholstery fabric supplier to work with. They also have a really good website. Until (and after) you get your fabric samples your clients can go to the Charlotte Fabrics website to look at fabrics online. Once your clients find a fabric sample online, you can order a sample to be sent to your or your client.

Do you have a website for your business yet. If not, I'd recommend you get working on one right away. For more info on that, go here: Making Your Own Upholstery Website

Once you have a website, you can put your fabric suppliers on your website so that your clients can search through their fabrics right from your own website. Here is an example of how I embedded Charlotte fabrics on our website. Winters Sewing displaying Charlotte Fabrics.

Best Wishes
Stephen

Pegasus2007

Wow!  All great information!  Yes Mike, I have been in touch with Peter.  I'm sure he's going to help me out a lot!  Thanks!