Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 04:57:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Facebook problem

Started by KenB, October 04, 2011, 11:22:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KenB

Hi Folks
I'm trying to make a Facebook webpage for this site UPHOLSTER.COM
When people search for upholstery info I want them to first see a page that looks like the top of this one with the plaid logo and buttons instead of the Facebook WALL page. I can't tell if the page I want comes up or not since Facebook sends me to the WALL page every time. Could someone or two do a search on FAcebook for Upholster Magazine and tell me what you get first?
I've also tried all kinds of Facebook code to get a LIKE button below the plaid buttons but can't get any  to display. There is a text Like to the left of the page if you care to click that.
thanks
Ken
"The more you depend upon conditions outside yourself for happiness, the less happiness you will experience" -Yogananda

MinUph

October 04, 2011, 05:50:46 pm #1 Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:54:23 pm by MinUph
This is what I see at the page.

Not very big I see but the Upholster! logo is cut off as is my picture there. I don't think you can build a site there to look like this here.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Rich

Does anyone find that Facebook has helped their business?
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

KenB

thanks Paul
Thats the wall page. Maybe I'm the only one that can view the page I want to come up. There should be a link on the left for Uph Mag.
Ken
"The more you depend upon conditions outside yourself for happiness, the less happiness you will experience" -Yogananda

RiCat

Hello Ken. A thought on what you said:

"That's the wall page. Maybe I'm the only one that can view the page I want to come up."

If you are messing with code, it sounds like you are versed in computers, but I hope this helps. I would suggest opening up another account in FB, then you can look at your page just like anyone else would see it.

I have started a ministry on FB under another user name that reflects the purpose of the ministry. I am still in the process of trying to figure out FB and how they do things, but that has to be one of the most convoluted interfaces there is. I build spreadsheets in Excel, data bases in Access, websites using Photopaint and Dreamweaver and let me tell you, I was at my wits end on trying to build a page for a chat room with embedded Neat Chat and yada yada yada. So when I get a FB page up and running for the business, I already know the frustration involved. Hope you are successful.......

Rick

kodydog

Hi Ken. First let me thank you for this great site. I've learned a lot and have had way to much fun.

Not long ago TheHogRing started a thread on this subject. He said if anyone has problems with Facebook send him a message. He seems to know about it. Here's the thread,

http://get-up-and-go.com/upholstery-forum/index.php?topic=10601.0
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

KenB

Convoluted is the right word Rick. I've done all the html etc for Uph Mag and shopping carts that  didn't make sense but I eventually figured them out but FB....

I will try Hogring.
Ken