Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 06:58:55 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

? I don't know how,do you" framing pleating planle

Started by Hell Bat, June 27, 2011, 10:51:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hell Bat

I'm going to try a link for a photo of what i'm trying do,so far not well at all.
Have Built a T-bucket and wish to try sewing for it,been playing around some with some vinyl and some sealed pleating.
There much be a better way,mine is not good or controlible really.
Dose anyone have a setp by step on how too.
I see there are few that look like this design,nearly all seats I SEE ARE WITH SQUARE CORNERS. Round could look better and dif. then others.
http://ruffrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=86484&stc=1&d=1309190962

Hell Bat

Mike8560

Did you clip the selvage on the backside to releive the tention on thebcurve? HS to be alinghned just perfect so on the cilurve. I don't  do cars but I'd forget the topsti h and lut a piping intead

Hell Bat

I had not cliped it,I'll try doing it but not to sure it's going to flatten out any,looks bad to me and feed stitch size is bad off too.I did it with about 1in. of over size tab,and find it near emposible to bend and sew,I guess the tap is to big maybe but only the outer framing vinyl was pie cut ,not the pleated panle,something is so wrong with my lay up or what ever the right wording is,just super hard to do for me that way. Must be a better way?

MinUph

Like Mike said use welting instead of the top stitch. It will lay better and look better. Cut both pieces to pattern.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Hell Bat

June 28, 2011, 12:04:23 am #5 Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:41:18 am by Hell Bat
Thanks guys for input. ;D
I'm really trying to learn to do what my son wished in the drawing,he don't like piping and dose like the smooth of the top stitch look. ;)
I'm not getting how to form the corner turn step by step[the way I did the sample in photo was hard and crazy] What I have as in drawing two corners on seat and at lest 3 on doorpandle that are all  flat outter from one peace for framing of pleating insert,It's not like boxing,I can do boxing OK  were I go over the side of seat at each end.
http://ruffrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=86273&stc=1&d=1307465044