Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 02:27:11 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Aches and Pains

Started by kodydog, April 25, 2018, 06:15:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

Something weird happened last week. The bottom rim of my eye got sore. I don't remember getting anything in it. I don't remember scratching it or anything else. When I pulled the rim back it was red and after a while a bruise formed under my eye. It got sore enough that I said something to Rose about it. Admitting my aches and pains to Rose is something I rarely do.

She suggested Goldenseal herb drops and a hot compress for 15 minutes. Twice a day. And two days later the pain was almost gone. So I stopped the treatment. That was a mistake because the pain came back. So I started the treatment again and now I am pain free.

Goldenseal, who would think?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

The hot compress probably helped also. It may have been the start of a sty. I get them from time to time.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

April 25, 2018, 07:32:46 pm #2 Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:35:10 pm by gene
Goldenseal
According to the "PDR for Herbal Medicine", while goldenseal has not been studied extensively, its active compounds--berberine and hydrastine--have. These studies provide evidence of goldenseal's antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, and astringent properties.

Goldenseal is used in enough eye-remedies that it is also traditionally known as eye balm and eye root.

Goldenseal extract is a bright yellow liquid. To use it to treat a stye, mix it into an eyewash, or use an eyedropper to drop it into the eye four times a day.
=============================

KodyD, if your eye turns dark green and it keeps wanting to fall out of your eye socket, you might want to let Rose know her idea is not working.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

Usually something like that has to happen before I tell her something is wrong.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html