Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 09:07:48 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How do you do.. back to back buttons.

Started by Grebo, December 07, 2016, 03:30:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grebo

December 07, 2016, 03:30:15 am Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 02:17:51 am by Grebo
I have a few small chairs with loose cushions, the backs have 5 buttons on the front & 5 on the back which are somehow connected to the front one's.

Suzi

Rich

I would tie them together so that when you pull the twine, they pull together.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

MinUph

What Rich said. That was what cloth back buttons were good for.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Yeah, tying them together is the fastest easiest way.

However, they DO make pivot mold buttons that are male/female that press together. But you would probably have to order a gross just to make 5 buttons.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Grebo

Darren Henry

I was taught to tied the 5 pairs together with a single knot until you have them all adjusted the same. Then go back and make two more knots on each pair. One on top of the button eyes, one below. You can also "tighten" a button by turning one of the buttons a few times.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Grebo