Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 08:05:55 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

A Visit From RiCat

Started by Mojo, September 22, 2016, 04:36:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

We had a visitor at the shop the other day - RiCat.

I asked Rick to stop by the shop to look over an issue we have been having with a center seam.
He stopped in and worked with Ingrid and the two did the center seam based on a few suggestions that Rick made which really helped.

He got to see the new shop, reception area and our operations. I think he really liked our massive cutting table and came up with a good idea for that.

I am blessed to have two good friends ( Rick & Mike ) that I can go to for input. Mike helped us out a couple weeks ago with an issue we had on an all white patio awning. His suggestion worked as well.

I look at these two guys as an extension of this forum where I can pick up the phone and call for advice or input since both have a vast amount of experience doing canvas work.

Just wanted to give a shout out to them both here. Thanks guys for all your help but especially your friendship. Your both rock stars.

Chris

RiCat

Chris, my friend, it was my pleasure to come by and try to give some input on the issue with the seam. I know how serious you and Ingrid are on keeping a standard to provide the best product you can produce for your customers. When you, myself, and the others on this forum from different parts carry the standard of craftsmanship to the best of our abilities with good ethics, we are doing what what we can to keep the craft of upholstery held high. That in turn puts the right pressure on the money hungry goof-balls that is our competition. While you were busy on the phone with a customer, Ingrid and myself was discussing the issue of your possible new competition. What we were discussing is the same for myself with competition. It goes farther than just doing upholstery. It starts with the character makeup of the person. If information comes our way on the character makeup of a person of competition, and that information shows character flaws, then no doubt, that will be the standard they use to conduct business. And that standard then produces a reputation. That is what you and myself strive very hard for - a good reputation. And when one has angry customers, well it is like someone told me many years ago when I was going to build them a tonneau cover - "You do me a good job, I'll tell 20, 30 maybe 40 people, you screw me I'll tell a 100." As Ingrid and myself was saying, one has to have good ethics, craftsmanship, good equipment and common sense. A package.

Your shop was very impressive. To see what you have accomplished in a short period of time when you moved, it was inspiring. I admire your aggressiveness on you moving forward with your business. Gives me a kick in the ass to get some things done!

Let me share what I really enjoyed when I came over. Just to be able to chew the fat on matters of the upholstery business. Every time I visit you, I learn something. Thank you. I do not interact with my peers in my area. I have reached out over the phone to a couple on who I refer work to, but to actually sit and discuss matters and share war stories, you bless me with our discussions on the phone and when we get together. I would like us to get together more in the future since we are in the same area. What would really be neat is if Paul could get with us.

Keep cool (with the a/c) my friend...

Rick

brmax

Its good to have people close by and professionals to give great advice, I always admire that and respect their effort to share tips and techniques. Its kinda like a farmers market, yet the competition is just over there doing the same. So many great get togethers like that do us all well in trade stuff exchanging and learning new tricks.

Many times we hear of past jobs and interesting choices made in these, I welcome to hear from them or read them as I have did many a search on here learning tips and trade type issues. These are great steps to pay attention to I found in life.

So Chris I to congratulate you on your new building and forward business outlook, as we all work with textiles a lot here, its a big task in coastal areas for canvas work and many talented persons to hire when you start that search task again, good luck!

have a great day in sunny Florida
Floyd