Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 01:45:53 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

juki 1541 repair help

Started by boltgrl, January 17, 2015, 02:53:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boltgrl

hi everyone. im new to this forum. I stitch on the korner in winslow, az (ha ha) and ive run in to a problem with my juki 1541. is it ok to ask for repair help or info?
thanks

sofadoc

It's boltgrl my lord........in a flatbed Ford. Slowed down by a bum Juki.

Yes.....it is OK to ask for help.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

boltgrl

thank you, sofadoc. that's exactly what's going on.

ok, so the hinge bolt that you loosen to adjust the stepping height of the walking foot broke on me. I guess I tightened it too much. couldn't find anything in the manual or online about replacing it....but I went for it anyways. turns out you cant fit that bolt in without either taking the upper feed mechanism apart (what I did) or by grinding a few mm off the head of the bolt (what my mechanic did).

now, two bolts, 6 hours of driving to my mechanic and $200 later, the nut on that bolt wont stay tight. my mechanic says he should have put a new nut on the new bolt (imagine that) but instead he put the old nut that had broken two bolts back on my machine. he's sending me a new nut, but my problem is now the following:

1: im petrified of overtightening the nut, having broken two bolts that way (was it because the nut was stripped???)

2: even loc tite wont keep the nut tight.

3. what if the old nut is stripped and has now stripped the new bolt's threads?

4. does anyone know a good way to change out that bolt???

any info or advice is much appreciated

sofadoc

I think I did break that same bolt on my old Juki 562. But it was easy to access.

It looks like your mechanic would send a new nut AND a new shaved bolt.

I know there are a few on this forum that have a 1541. Maybe one of them will chime in with a suggestion.

It may skip
and it may shred
and the bolt may
have stripped threads
But at least your
machine ain't dead
Tighten it e-e-e-e-z
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

January 18, 2015, 07:03:39 am #4 Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:04:35 am by gene
If you're in or near Cincinnati Oho here's a current auction on a 1541. Next big is $370.

I'm not going to bid on it only because I don't need another sewing.

It looks like it has a servo motor.

http://bidfta.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?bidfta156/43

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

gene

Sold for $922. Pick up only.  It retails for around $1400 plus shipping.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

boltgrl

UPDATE:
received a new nut from mechanic. the nut held, so im back in business. thanks for your help! i'll be baaaack.

Tejas

A bit late, and it might not have helped, but here is a link to the Juki 1541 Engineer's Manual.

http://danreetz.com/juki/JUKI_DNU-1541-S-7EM01_SERVICE_MANUAL.pdf
Dave

Juki 1508; Bernina 217 with CAM Reader