Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 02:51:45 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Webbing on top of seat frame?

Started by gatsby989, January 04, 2012, 06:54:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

QuoteI was thinking he has nice deep aprons and he could just glue a 3/4" board on the inside

My "argument" for the separate frame was that it would allow one to use a webbing stretcher to get the webbing nice and tight.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

mike802

Darren:  I used to work for a guy who had a chair that we built using the exact same method you mentioned, a separate box that we sprung up and installed into the chair frame.  We attached it with nuts and bolts, of course the chair aprons were upholstered and the bolt head was set flush so nothing showed.  I cant for the live of me remember why we did it this way ???  But it worked well and was a high quality chair.  We also upholstered the inside back and that frame was also bolted on after the ISB was installed.  I remember why we did that, the ISB was such a pain to upholster and doing it off chair saved a great deal of time.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" - Abraham Lincoln
http://www.mjamsdenfurniture.com