Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 05:40:07 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Other people's screw ups in your favor

Started by gene, December 20, 2012, 06:36:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

Ever have someone else make a mistake and it turned out to be of help to you?

I'm replacing 6 sofa seat cushion inserts (2 sofas). 4 1/2" foam with a down wrap.

I figured I needed 160" of 4 1/2" foam. I bought 2 sheets at 80" each.

I found out that I needed 163".

It turns out that these sheets are 82", or 164" total, even though they are supposed to be 80".

I complain when it goes the other way, so I thought I would comment on it going in a positive way.  :D

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Joys Shop

2 weeks ago I ordered 1 yard of fabric from Carole Fabrics

I got 4 yards  ::)

I figured that if it had been the other way around, I would have called to complain, so I felt I had to call them to say that I had been sent too much

After much thinking on their part (they didn't get back to me until the next day)  they told me to just keep it
Which is what I figured they would do, but now I have a clear conscience   :D

sofadoc

Quote from: Joys Shop on December 21, 2012, 03:28:34 am
......... but now I have a clear conscience   :D
Gene: I think what Joy is trying to say is, if you want to sleep at night, you should cut off 2 inches of foam and send it back to them.
Be sure to pack the foam in bubble wrap.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

I too would call and ensure that they had billed me for the correct #of board feet. We'll leave honour and personal conscience out of this. If receiving didn't notify billing that this truck load was over sized, accounts receivable is out how many % on each of the next ?? hundred orders until some finds out. Management will then have to adjust prices to recoup their losses. If they find out sooner than later; they have less to claw back and therefore a smaller increase.That increase is very unlikely to be rescinded. Being the "good guy" who points this out also has a potential for reward. Probably not financial--but let's be honest--not all customers are treated the same, anywhere.

When I go to the lumber yards I tell them " This is gonna be cut in small chunks out of sight---gimme what ever, but remember me when I need some of the good stuff!" And when I do need to be anal--the yard dogs treat me better than most of the other customers.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!