Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 24, 2024, 01:48:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

on the CAT

Started by Mike, August 15, 2014, 01:19:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

August 15, 2014, 01:19:52 pm Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:34:08 pm by Mike
his week I made a rear sunshade top on a sailing cat the customers loved the extra shade maybe ill close it in with screens later . but where the cat was I couldn't get a photo off the boat tied next to a fence on the neighbor's dock in a tight spot on gasparilla island  

then I started a headliner jobtoday  in the salon of a huge power cat from south Africa 21. beam

got the trim and vinyl down today scraing the foam to come

then this afternoon I got a contract making some forward seats that were stolen off this pontoon to match

maybe it wont so so slow come September maybe august was the slow month this year ( Fingers crossed)

Darren Henry

Glad to hear you're getting busy. Who knows---if we have a cold slow winter I may have to break down,get a passport and come work for you LOL.

My apartment is smaller than that second boat  :o. holy cow.

On that pontoon---how big is it? and is it "normal" to have the helm station that far aft down your way? Up here most <27 ft. have it just shy of midship behind the side "doors.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

August 15, 2014, 07:24:35 pm #2 Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 07:26:48 pm by Mike
that's only 16' Darren.
the guy came down to check on things and the boat was stolen and found a mile away less 2 seats a table console windshield and stereo

Darren Henry

Oh, so that is the new console just sitting there waiting to be mounted where it belongs, further forward ?
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

bobbin

Beautiful work, Mike!  I always wonder if you vinyl whiz kids have taken classes or if you "cut your teeth" working for someone who was very experienced.  Anyway, I'm always dazzled by how easy you guys make it look.  But, I guess that's why you make the big bucks, huh?  ;)

Mike

Darren the helm is at the reart bench seat on most small 16; ish toons ive seen Bobbin im self taught. I learned my foing I never sewed in my life b4

ive said it before but heres how I started sewing . my mom had died and soon later my father had a accdent and was paralyzed do he was sitting at home and messing with my moms old sewing maching fixing socks ect then he decided to remake his boat top. so I removed it for him and he copied it,   then he decided to open a little sewing room at the lake lake winnipesaukee.  so he was getting small repairs ect and id stop by on my way hoe from work to check on him then he started getting larger covers project and he had a young helper but no experience so again when id stoped by in the afternoon id look at it and say do it like this I used to built wood furniture so I had a eye on what needed to be done for things. soon he couldn't get on a boat  or walk so I spent more and more time at the shop one winter and never went back to my old job and my dad decided he couldn't do it.