Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 09:11:16 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Reliable suppliers

Started by Eric, January 28, 2009, 04:46:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

I'm looking for input on a supplier you use that is reliable, and has the stock when you order.
Mike has mentioned he has this problem also. I ordered grommets, punch and die's, for my press and snap, and spool of 3/4 straight cut linen tweed binding, from trivantage in Chicago. They sent the grommets, called me the next day to tell me they didn't ship binding because they where out, and didn't expect to have it for 1 and 1/2 weeks, which I needed 50 feet of to finish a job, and shipped press and snap attachments from Florida. All these shipping charges, lack of product, have sent me over the edge (along with this never ending winter, and media talk about economy). So any help.
Thanks.
Eric

stew-cheryl

I too had problems with tri vantage, limited supplies, and product was shipped from various places,...I now order from Manart Hirsch,  good prices, even if I order 4 pm, it there the next day,....great service.

http://www.manart-hirsch.com/

Mojo

I just switched suppliers from Sailrite and Rochford to Bry Tech.

Bry tech is out of Jacksonville and typically has the fabrics and supplies I need on hand.
Living in Florida its nice to get shipments so fast while saving on shipping costs.

They carry alot of the popular fabrics and vinyls and their prices are good. Typically I tell them what Rochfords prices are and they beat them.

Rochford BTW is real good at stinging you on shipping charges. They make money off you on the materials
but also make a good profit on their shipping charges.

Here is Bry techs info - http://www.bry-tech.com/index.htm

I do know that many suppliers are watching their inventory very close because of the costs involved in stocking so many items. This isn't just in the upholstery supply sector but in many sectors. Suppliers of goods are reducing inventory on hand because of the economy. So I suspect we will see more of this in the months ahead.

Chris

Chris

JuneC

Same here - Trivantage ships from all over the country because they don't have enough stock.  I get my canvas supplies from Manart-Hirsch and cushion vinyl and foam from Keyston Bros.
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

lruthb

Hi Eric

Any of these companies have never called a day later. All of these over lap in some way....my fav. is Rockford's. They do not carry enough fabrics samples for my needs. That's the only reason to even look at the other two.  

I'm in western WI. I do more furniture than Marine or canvas. I have had great luck with Rockford's. Although they carry more of your supplies than mine.  They are very good at emailing specials.
1-800-334-6461
www.rochfordsupply.com

Burch fabrics is one of my  source's for fabric.  
The rep for our area is Amy #267 at least it was.
1-800-253-3741
www.burchfabrics.com

RMCOCO
REP TJ #347
1-800-325-8025
www.rmcoco.com

These companies took over  the Twin Cities suppliers Irvan Allen and Kirch fabrics a few years back . Due the possibilty of higher shipping costs I work the greatest it could be into my bid. My last order the customer service rep gave me an estimate of what to expect.

Hope this helps! What I can not find at one, I've found at another of these three.

Lynn

Mike8560

never had a problem yet from man art. only complait would be they dont have all the new and fancy stuff like tri vantage , oh ya and you cant check stock and order online from them.  for most all of my upholstery stuff I go with action upholstery in Sarasotta fl or my old supply  up north howards wholesale in NY

PS I used to buy alllot from D&M dist in portkand ME. awsome people and when ups was on strike some time ago the owner Peter Morrison used to bring my orders himself in his mini van all loaded and tubing tied to his roof  ;D

regalman190

I switched mainly to Manart last year. They've been great. They ship same day, even at 4PM. I also use Redrum and Howards here in Rochester. They are more expensive than Manart, but sometimes i need something that day, so I'll use them.
Regal Canvas

Corinthian

Check out www.corinthianmarine.com , we have a full line of marine carpeting products and 2 distribution warehouses in Georgia and Oregon.

www.corinthianmarine.com

forsailbyowner

Miamicorp, miami Mike has always given personalised service par none. A quick email and what I need is on the way.

ahkahn

Since an old thread has been dredged up, please don't forget us. 

www.duboisfabrics.com

98% of all of our orders are shipped out same day.  We ship up through 4:00pm central time. 

Best regards,
Andrew

Mike8560

I just placed an order with Adrew this past week and had great! service even with a check up call.
and Corithian , so I can getr my carpets from GA now and not WA that good news also. I looks forwarx to the new samples your sending after talking on the phone yesterday thanks.

Miami Mike

Thank you Steve and Kim, We do are best. If you go to our web sight and look it over some time. You will see our stock, time in transit , cut off times. Live inventory, place order's on line. Under the Sample tab you can see all the marine sample cards.

Most of you have accounts set up with Miami, Register it online. After that you can see the live price.

Any question call.

Thanks for the time. 
WeatherMax 80 WeatherMax FR WeatherMax LT Recacril Design Line Recacril Stripes Outdura Outdura Stripes Outdura Weblon Regatta, Holiday Top Notch Top Notch Elite Top Gun Vista Odyssey III Softouch Strata Glass Crystal Clear OSea Glass Regalite Glass Sattler Nautimar Soluna

Exotic Leather

Two suppliers:

Leather, Vinyl, & Suede - www.exoticleatherco.com

Hardware and such - www.acwork.net

Mike8560

I fried to contact debron plastics in davie fl when I couldn't get some product.
Aparently there ae out of buisnes unless all my numbers were wrong I could find then on the net either.

stew-cheryl