Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 04:57:02 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Dizzy Heights

Started by Allan, December 16, 2010, 02:33:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

December 16, 2010, 02:33:54 am Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:44:09 am by Allan
Just off topic but some guys have nail biting jobs so don't complain next time that job come into the shop
You could be doing this

http://www.liveleak.com/e/07b_1284580365

Allan

Mojo

No thanks mate. I think I will stay a little closer to the ground. :)

Chris

gene

Awesome!

I wonder how long it took them to climb that tower? How long to get down?

I wonder if they ever got to the top and forgot the light bulb? If they are union that probably happens a lot.

I bet it never gets boring peeing off the top!

I was not surprised that OSHA allows them to free climb. I have always believed that OSHA was more about politics than worker safety.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

Not happening! I used to have an uncomfortable zone between 26 and 30 feet (<25 ,no prob./over 30, back to walking the stick instead of pole pecking )climbing poles for Dad (his journeyman hated spurs) but the whip at that height ? On a chicken ladder?

This a job better suited for my buddy "Crazy Ray" . He had a harness made that allowed the helicopter pilots to just dangle him from satellite tower to tower when he was working for NORAD up north.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

fragged8

hi

I climbed a mast on a Tall Ship and that was scary enough for me
that guy is nuts he was not holding on at the top for a moment or two.

He must be an Indian ? Don't they have no height fear ?

Rich

Allan

I was amazed at the piddley foot / hand holds he had
Some of them were coach bolts with a couple of nuts that could easily have come loose
Not for this little black duck

Allan

206RB

Yikes!
Those guys really should learn to Base jump.

seamsperfect

That is crazy and carrying a 30lb bag to boot.    What a horrible design for maintenance.   I love how you think is almost there then he says he only has 60 more feet, only to figure out how to go navigating to the small pole.  That and skyscraper window washers, I have a lot of respect for what they do.
Kevin

Mike8560

Quote from: fragged8 on December 17, 2010, 01:36:12 am
hi

I climbed a mast on a Tall Ship and that was scary enough for me
that guy is nuts he was not holding on at the top for a moment or two.

He must be an Indian ? Don't they have no height fear ?

Rich

qithmy dads company
we had bucket trucks   
There was nothing spookier then
being straight up 55 feet in a bucket in a parking lot with nothing next to you as in a wall

206RB

Ya know, after pulling staples for the last three days straight, I would rather have the tower climbing job.

kodydog

That gave me the heevie geevies just watching. I tried to climb to the top of my 40' TV  antenna tower. Didn't make it.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

wind_rose_2

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME!
Some people don't believe me when l tell them l have flown aerobatics and light aircrat since l was 16 BUT..l am terrified of heights!
VERTIGO