Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 08:38:28 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

weekend funnies

Started by byhammerandhand, October 24, 2015, 09:52:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

October 24, 2015, 09:52:02 am Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 10:45:41 am by byhammerandhand
OK, now we'll pick on the Scots, known for having deep pockets and short arms (i.e., thrifty):

A Scotsman dies and his widow goes to the newspaper to take out an obituary.  First she asks the newspaperman what it costs.

"A dollar a word," he says.

"Oh, my, well please place the obit, 'MacGregor dies.'"

"Ma'am, there's a five-word minimum," he says.

"Ok, then, make it, 'MacGregor dies.  Honda for sale."

-----

A small town in Scotland had a single cow to provide the milk.  Getting on in years, the council finally decides to replace it.

The town is elated because they're getting much more milk than ever before.  They decide they should breed it, pass on the good genes, and sell the offspring for a profit.  So they go out and rent a bull, but every time the bull nears, the cow shows no interest and avoids the advance.

Frustrated, the town councilmen go to the local vet and ask what the problem might be.  He says, "Did you buy that cow in Glasgow?" he asks.

They are amazed, "Yes, we did, how did you know that?"

The vet says, "Oh, my wife is from Glasgow."
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

October 24, 2015, 06:56:42 pm #1 Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 06:57:59 pm by gene
 ::)

QuoteOK, now we'll pick on the Scots
The first thought to come to mind having read this was "Scott Joplin". And I have no idea why.

If I might add to the jocularity:

Speaking of cows: A guy was a sadistic necrophiliac with bestiality tendencies, until one day he realized he was just beating a dead horse.

Of all the puns I've heard in my life, the one about the kleptomaniac who broke into a bakery really takes the cake.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!