Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 01:45:23 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

cleaning up after mice

Started by Darren Henry, September 11, 2012, 06:40:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

Hey gang; sorry I have been tied up lately (A.K.A .AW.O.l); hello and best wishes!

My boss has been approached by "MPIC" (Provincial auto insurance company) about cleaning up mouse ----issues-- in RV's and autos. Can anyone explain the process/health issues/ and the standard technique please. Any criteria would be based in the province of Manitoba.

Thanks loads, my friends. This could affect my winter income, so forgive me for being off line so long please.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mojo

I can tell you one thing......if it is deer mice you better be damn careful. Wear protective gear, paper haz mat suit and a respirator ( not a paper mask ) and also wear gloves.

The Hantavirus can be deadly and if it doesn't kill you it will incapacitate you for a while.
The odd's of surviving the Hantavirus appear to not be very good. It is not like getting rid of a flu bug. The virus itself attacks the lungs and creates serious breathing problems. I know Canada has a lot of problems with these deer mice so the hantavirus is alive and well up there.

I cannot give you the regulations for dealing with these mice infested areas but I do know any area getting cleaned is treated as a type of Haz Mat area. Be careful brother with what you get into when dealing with the droppings and dust and assume the area is Hantavirus positive. In other words protect thyself.

Glad to see you posting old man. I though maybe some wild northern woman kidnapped you and was holding you hostage kin a remote cabin without internet access. :)

Chris