Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 11:23:30 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Toronto Boat Show

Started by Peppy, January 28, 2012, 06:40:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppy

I went last week for a quick day and saw the sights. Nothing much different or exciting. This was the nicest that I was in

http://www.regalboats.com/46SportCoupe

Nice boat. I think they wanted 1.3m and I think I heard the guy say it was used. I didn't buy it.

I was mostly looking for design ideas for any future boats I may own, and noticed a suprising lack of upholstery in new little bow riders. No sidepads, bench seats, with what felt to me like crappy foam. And everything was carbon fibre. A couple stood out.

This one was cool with the tuck and roll

And I liked this one-

and this was jazzy

Mostly everything flashy was a wake boat now.

My favorite part though is seeing how awful the canvas is-

God, take a second and adjust the damn thing. You're there for 2 weeks.

and the upholstery.

Some odd boats-

cute little guy. $60,000 I think.

And this weird thing-

a catamaran that slides together so it can trailer, with a tent trailer on the back.

The cover for the cockpit is a truck bed cover. Resourceful anyway.

I'm living in the future, baby!
☠ ✄ ✂ ✁ ✂ ✃ ✄ ✌ ✄ ✂ ✁  ✂ ✃ ✄  ✁ ✃ ☠
http://www.facebook.com/greybruceupholstering

Mojo

Peppy:

Do you live in  the Toronto area ?

Chris

bobbin

The upholstery was pretty cool, huh?  But you're right, the canvas is pretty bad, lol.  I was thinking it would look a lot better if it was adjusted, too, funny how some people don't seem to notice/care.

sofadoc

Quote from: bobbin on January 29, 2012, 08:13:06 am
funny how some people don't seem to notice/care.
They don't seem to notice/care when someone else does it. But if WE tried to pass that off......whoa Nellie!!
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

Once I had a dealor across from my shop there was a boat a stingray I think like 20' with the side window all ziiped  on and snapped you could litterly put your hand on between two of the snaps it was so bad 

Peppy

Quote from: sofadoc on January 29, 2012, 08:20:37 am
They don't seem to notice/care when someone else does it. But if WE tried to pass that off......whoa Nellie!!

Totally!

Why people would pay anything for one of these tops at the boat show is beyond me. Well, they probably don't actually. Likely it's a 'freebie' with the cost already incorporated into the price of the boat. Much like how we do free throw cushions ;)

They have an industry night the first night of the show where you get to walk around with beers. I'd like to go with my tools and offer adjustment services. Maybe offset the cost of the $100 ticket.

Chris- I used to while going to school. Now I live about 3 hours NE of Toronto on the Bruce Penninsula. Between Lake Huron and Georgian Bay. Why, are you coming up for a visit?

Mojo

Just wondering. One of our closest friends live on our property in the winter time in their Bus. He is a retired Doctor/cardiologist from St. Michaels and she is a retired surgical nurse. They have a summer home in Waterloo. They have been driving us nuts to come up there as their son just bought a big cottage on some lake there. I forgot the name of it but is popular....something like Muskola or something like that. :)

Just wondering if you were from Toronto. It is one of our favorite cities to visit because of the culture and awesome performing arts. I miss the Pantages and the Phantom of the Opera. :)

Chris

Peppy

I'm from Guelph originally which is about 20mins from Waterloo. Muskoka is very pretty. Actually anything 2 hours north of Toronto is beautiful, right Darren? Well, except for Sudbury.

Mojo

January 31, 2012, 04:48:47 am #8 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:50:04 am by Mojo
OMG. That is the town my buddy was raised in. Him and his brother both are Doctors.

Ever heard of the Ewen boys ? Jim and his brother John both grew up in Guelph and then went on to med School together. John returned to practice family medicine in the Guelph area and Jim went to Toronto to practice.

John is still the Guelph areas Coroner. Jim made his fortune early and retired and now lives down here in the winter months in our backyard. He looks after me all winter, reviews my lab tests and does blood treatments on me.  :)

Small world.

Chris

Darren Henry

QuoteMuskoka is very pretty. Actually anything 2 hours north of Toronto is beautiful, right Darren?

I have never actually been down there,but the pictures and reports I've seen/heard are awesome. It looks just like Kenora and ,though more "commercialized", the fishing and wildlife opportunities are said to be almost as good as NWO.I read an article in "wooden boat " magazine about their annual wood boat parade. WOW! 200-300 entries, many trailered up onto the hard for a couple of days so you get a chance to have a real good look, and a swap meet for parts or projects.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Peppy

Quote from: Darren Henry on January 31, 2012, 04:28:59 pm
,though more "commercialized"

I think you mean "monetized". My family, through friends, scored a week on Lake Rousseau one time. And you're right, just like Kenora but with a bajillion more dollars and tonnes of wooden boats. The cottage came with a beautiful 'muskoka boat' and a cedar strip canoe. 

Chris, I think me and your friends run in different circles ;) while I do know a couple of doctors, being in their mid 30's, they've only recently  become so. It is a small world, and Guelph is a big place, for a little town.  I've been many places and I've never not met a Guelphite. Ask them if they went to GCVI.

JuneC

Peppy, you've apparently forgotten that Mojo's an old fart like me.  You probably went to school with the good Dr's. grand kids  :P

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

LMAO @ June..........

No kidding.  ;D

Chris

Peppy

??? I didn't forget. No doubt I went to school with the grand kids. GCVI is 150 years old I figure they were there for the inauguration. If they are 'Greezy GC'ers I will be convinced it is a small world after all.