Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 04:36:23 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Off Topic - Farm Aid Trivia

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, May 14, 2015, 06:44:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

I have a customer whose daughter is the Fund Raising Director for Farm Aid.  Who even knew that Farm Aid was still around?

This year's Farm Aid (Sept 19th) will be #30.  Corporate is in New Hampshire (I think that is what Janet said), I would have thought Texas (Willie) or Indiana (Mellencamp).

I mention this because I was contracted by Janet to embroider some quilt blocks for a quilt that she is donating.  It will either be available as part of Farm Aid Live or through their web site.  It's a simple T-shirt quilt.  It encompasses the #1 T-shirt purchased by customers on their web.  It's a funny.  Says "Farmers" then has a karate guy in position to kick and then has a jackass.  It's a 12 block quilt, her technique is called shadow box.  Anyway, she has 9 of the farmer blocks.  Then I embroidered 1985 on one block, 2015 on one block and "Farm Aid Keep America Growing!" on the third block. 

I'm not sure when this will be available or if it will be on the web or shown on Farm Aid.  I'm going to peruse the web site and see if I can find it there.  If so, I'll post the linky so y'all can see one of my fun projects.

Virginia

kodydog

Took me a couple of read troughs to get the message on the t-shirt. lol. That's cool. One of those jobs you'll never forget.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html