Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 10:23:09 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Restaurant Opens Thursday

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, September 27, 2015, 02:05:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

Just got  back from the Royal Indian Cuisine.  They are ready for Grand Opening Thursday.  I'm pretty excited that my window treatments are the first thing people see once they get into the restaurant.

It was a trip though.  Contractor found the fabric and owners blessed it before I was definitely on board.  Fabric had perfect colors but is tapestry so it is HEAVY.  We had a devil of a time finding hardware heavy enough to support the draperies without bending the rods or pulling the screws out of the wall.  Finally did.

Anyway, sheers (bought), draperies and swags look fabulous and pick up the colors of the walls perfectly.  I got a bonus of $150 for getting done in such a timely fashion.

I was short 4 sheers which came in late Friday.  I went over to install them this afternoon.  It was not the easiest thing I've ever done as the braces for the drapes were butted against the sheers rods so I had to carefully slide the brace up high enough to  release the sheer rod so that I could be the extra sheers on the rod, then carefully reconnect everything.  I put all the new sheers on one side and then carefully slid the new sheers over the rod to get the desired effect.  It was a hoot but I got it done and the extra fullness in the sheers was the perfect touch.

Glad to get back to my regular upholstery tacks now but glad I have the experience under my belt.

Hope everything is going well for everyone.

Virginia

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mike

Virgs Sew n Sew

I am planning on taking some.  I started having problems with my camera during the state fair.  Real slow shutter action and now shutter appears to be working but no image on the display window.  Found the book yesterday and am going to do some trouble-shooting.  If I continue to have problems, I'll take my old camera over but it doesn't take nearly as nice a picture as my "good" camera takes (when it is working correctly).

I hope it is a big success (Restaurant).  Food smelled wonderful when I was over there installing the last 4 sheers panels but we had already eaten lunch so I passed when they asked me if I was hungry.  I am such a chicken about trying new foods.  I will post some hopefully in the next day or two.  I love the overall decorating that has been done.  You know the knick-knacks, etc on the walls, as well as the draperies, paint and so forth.  My biggest complaint with what they did is that the tables are too close to each other.  I would feel like I was sitting right on top of the next table if all the tables are full but every table increases your profits if you keep the place constantly full.  Time will tell I suppose.

Virginia

SteveA

I went once to an Indian restaurant and it was good. Called The Bengal Tiger -  They served us 10 courses - small portions but tasty especially if you like spicy food.  It was pricey and that is the only reason we didn't continue to go back - seemed that Chinese was easier and cheaper -
Now maybe if V did their window treatments I would have gone more often ? 
Maybe I'll go back to celebrate Trumps announcement that I don't have to pay income tax anymore !
SA

Virgs Sew n Sew

Sort of fixed my camera last night.  Taking pics now but the shutter speed seems a little slow so would like to get that working correctly before I go over to take pics. 

Today is their grand opening.  Hope they are swamped.  I've been handing out menus to customers when they come over here, trying to drum up some business for them.  To me, opening a restaurant is just a huge risk.  You know: location has to be prime, really expensive to get all the equipment you need unless you luck out and find a location selling equipment.  Then you have to get it decorated according to your cuisine.  Find good cooks, waiters and waitresses that can actually talk and don't have too many piercings and tats as that will turn off a lot of your clientele.  Then, once you have all that taken care of, you have to get people to come in and then, if you are really lucky, go tell their friends and return themselves.

Starting an upholstery/general sewing business is a walk in the park compared to all of that.  Whew

Virginia