Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 07:01:50 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

New Year's Eve Plans?

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, December 31, 2014, 09:25:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

What does everyone have going on for this evening?

I'm not planning on closing shop early.  I've had a very productive morning and would like to continue that into the afternoon.  After supper, we will break out the cheap bottle (only one) of wine we bought as well as a 2,000 piece jigsaw puzzle.  Hubby and I will sip the vino while we try to at least get the border put together.  It's been at least 6 years (pre back surgery) since we jigsawed so I'm sure it will take most of the winter to finish this beast but at least it's something different to usher the new year in.

Virginia

SteveA

I'm not far from times square - I'm planning to drive into the city - wait to have my car checked for explosives, pay $ 100.00 to park - stand in 20 degree freezing cold temps for 9 hours while ducking hurled champagne bottles - forget I have a bladder -  so I can kiss my wife as the ball drops - but then I woke up and decided I'll watch it on TV w/ a beer but still kiss the wife at midnight if she's awake ?
SA

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: SteveA on December 31, 2014, 09:36:24 am
I'm not far from times square - I'm planning to drive into the city - wait to have my car checked for explosives, pay $ 100.00 to park - stand in 20 degree freezing cold temps for 9 hours while ducking hurled champagne bottles - forget I have a bladder -  so I can kiss my wife as the ball drops - but then I woke up and decided I'll watch it on TV w/ a beer but still kiss the wife at midnight if she's awake ?
SA

LOL!

You could not pay me to be in the Big Apple tonight or any other night for that matter.  Our city is a bit over 50,000 and that's actually about 15,000 more than I'm comfortable with but what are ya gonna do?

Hope your wife stays awake for you ; )

Virginia

sofadoc

The great thing about living in the central time zone, you can watch the ball drop on TV and still get to sleep before midnight.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

byhammerandhand

I've heard Netflix has a countdown on command.  We're planning to do a 7:30 pm celebration with the kids.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

bobbin

"Amateur Night", we stay home.

This year, 2 new kittens provide the best of floor shows... and wonderful cuddling!

JuneC

Night at home - cooking my paella.  Good stuff.  No need to fight the crazies on the highway.  And Thing 1 and Thing 2 need a little reassurance with the bangs of fireworks going off all over the neighborhood.  Bubbly at midnight then sleep in late for a brunch tomorrow morning. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mojo

Quiet night at home. Neither of us party or drink so we head to bed early.

My little brother was shot and killed at the stroke of midnight in 1980. I have never celebrated that holiday since then. I pretty much go under ground and do not communicate till Jan 2nd. To many bad memories to deal with on the 1st.

Guns, celebrations and booze do not mix. Stay safe out there and Happy New Year.

Chris

Virgs Sew n Sew

Geesh, I am so sorry to hear of your brother, Chris.  Booze and guns never mix IMO.  Not a good combination under the best of circumstances.

We made a good stab at the 2,000 word puzzle.  I must have been insane when I bought this thing (at least 9 years ago when we were still in KS).  It is a Coca-Cola puzzle so lots of coke red and coke sayings over the years.  We have a huge dining room table and it takes up 2/3 of it.  We got most of the border done before our eyes crossed over.  Went through the pieces this morning and found another handful of border pieces but we only have one border completely filled in.  Still need another half-dozen or so border pieces.  UGH.  God only knows when I'll have a dining room table again.  : o  Fortunately, I have a coffee table that pulls up so it will double as an eating surface until we get that monster done.

We drank most of our bottle of cheap wine and pitched the rest.  Headed for bed before 11.  Jimmy woke us up at 5 but Bob took him out so I could stay in bed.  Worked on the puzzle with coffee and am now off to shower and then try and get a few things done in Sew & Sew before the puzzle grabs me again.

Glad all seemed to have a good night.

Virginia

Darren Henry

Very quite here. We sat around watching a fire on netflix grazing on snack food until it got close, then listened to the countdown on the radio and went to bed. Woo Hoo!

Hope everyone has a great year.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

sofadoc

I love working on NY day. Everyone is still sleeping off their hangover from the night before.

It's easily the most "idiot-free" day of the year.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

my brother has been having trouble sleeping I had gone home but he called me at 11pm if I could come keep him company for awhile , so I grabbed some laundy I done for him and made my way in thought the ER and when I got to his room the sleep aid they had givin him an hour be took effect and he was snoring away  so back home and straight to bed with my 2 dogs on my feet I did see the ball on tv

MinUph

I was in bed by 9:00. We went out to dinner with a couple friends and crashed when we got home. Too many days in a row working. It caught up with me. The bad cold I have had didn't help either. But it was a good day.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website