Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 09:56:50 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Did someone get a new HIGHLEAD?

Started by RocketmanMH1, August 01, 2012, 04:26:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketmanMH1

I was reading on here the other night and was falling asleep while reading,  I seem to remember some comments about a new Highlead ??? I am very interested in hearing about it if its sewing yet.

JuneC

I have one on order from Gregg at Keystone Sewing, but it hasn't arrived just yet.  I'll post an update when I've got it set up and sewing. 

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

jojo

I love mine! It's been a year now and no problems whatsoever. There's nothing quite like a brand new machine.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

Quote from: JuneC on August 01, 2012, 06:03:42 pm
I have one on order from Gregg at Keystone Sewing, but it hasn't arrived just yet.  I'll post an update when I've got it set up and sewing. 

June

June,

On the way, did Lois provide you with tracking number?  Let me know if not, as machine is now in transit.

JuneC

Yes, I spoke with her yesterday.  I'll call the transport company on Monday to investigate.  I expect it will take till Tuesday or Wed. to get to South Florida. 

June

W. C. Fields

lc

I have never heard of this machine.,

I checked a website and the long arm looks interesting ., there wasn't any pricing ,,are they high priced and would they ship to Ontario ?
I would love to hear the feedback on it on how anyone who has one likes the performance,,I have a Juki but I would like to get something good for a back up or maybe use the old juki for back up..
Nothing worse than a machine down waiting for maintenance

regalman190

August 07, 2012, 06:26:05 pm #6 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 06:28:06 pm by regalman190
Bought one a few years ago. It's a fantastic machine. Very well built. I bought it from Greg @ Keystone. I would buy another without hesitation.
Regal Canvas

JuneC

Mine was delivered late today.  I didn't get a chance to unpack it yet.  Hopefully I'll have it sewing by the weekend. 

June

W. C. Fields

lc

Witch model did you both get ? They seem to have so many,  do you have the long arm?

JuneC

I got the regular length arm.  The model is GC0618-1SC.  It's a walking foot with large hook and reverse.  Comes standard with table and servo motor - at least it does from Keystone.  Their long arm (25") version of this machine looks to be just over $3 grand which is a phenomenal price for a brand new long arm, but I'm doing less canvas and more upholstery so can't really justify the extra $2 grand for something that's rarely required. 

June

W. C. Fields

RocketmanMH1

I can't wait to see what you think of it,  I have a double needle Artisan (I think they are the same mfg.) and it"s a HOSS. It sews with authority and laughs at luan and trim panels, my 1508 is great but the Artisan is a bulldozer! I hope you love yours like I do mine.

jojo

June, I have the same one....you'll love it! Have to agree that the long arm isn't really necessary for marine canvas/upholstery. I would only consider it if I did large tarps with webbing sewn in the center or something like that on a daily basis.

Gregg @ Keystone Sewing

So...Inquiring minds want to KNOW!@#  :o

lc

Three grand !.... yup thats more than I can handle .
I ony do mostly upholstery so I think I may check out the one you have June..let me know what you think of it...I was noveled by the long arm with all that room to squish big items under..for that price I'll just keep squishing.

JuneC

It's still bolted to the pallet, unfortunately.  I hope to get it unpacked tomorrow.  Depends on how many times the phone rings and distracts me from the work at hand.  If I have enough energy left at the end of the day I'll get it set up.  This heat just whoops my butt (the shop is not air-conditioned).  Found myself having trouble sewing a solar shade because my hands were so sweaty the vinyl mesh was slipping out of my grip.  Still, I'll take the summer heat over the winters you guys get up there in the frozen Arctic  :-\

June

W. C. Fields